Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes: First Test *OFFICIAL* thread

A lost but not a total disgrace, lets put out 5 decent bowlers on Friday eh?

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It could have been different has Flintoff and Strauss not thrown away their wickets (Perhaps Colly as well).

I was amazed by the size of the cracks in the pitch - a very good toss to win and a very bad decision to leave out your best spin bowler!

Some pride has been restored and we can move on from this now.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
1 down 4 to go, although my tension has not been relieved at all...

I can't believe that the English are suprised that Australia came out thumping - you can't beat us and expect us to lie down for 2 years and do nothing to win it back! I dont' think England were as bad as reported - I just think Australia are out to exorcise demons, and thus are in tip top mental and physical condition...my concern is that with ageing bowlers, we mightn't be able to keep up this pressure for the next 4 tests and matches in between!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
tedebear said:
1 down 4 to go, although my tension has not been relieved at all...

I can't believe that the English are suprised that Australia came out thumping - you can't beat us and expect us to lie down for 2 years and do nothing to win it back! I dont' think England were as bad as reported - I just think Australia are out to exorcise demons, and thus are in tip top mental and physical condition...my concern is that with ageing bowlers, we mightn't be able to keep up this pressure for the next 4 tests and matches in between!

That's ok we've got a few young quicks in the wings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here