Burgess Hill
271 / 2

Cook 75
Pieterson 30

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fragmented Badger said:
Went to LORD'S today - excellent stuff!

May I make one observation first, which I am sure was just as obvious on TV - Sri Lanka's bowling is WANK. I have seen far more incisive bowling from Sussex this season, and they're a county side! With the exception of Murali (even he wasn't THAT great), they seemed to have a team full of no-hopers. Then again, being an Albion fan, I'm used to that;)

England did bat well though, in particular Pieterson who is just so positive every time I see him. Cook was very steady, but didn't seem to want to play any dangerous shots - understandable for someone playing their first test in England. Trescothick looked a bit dodgy to start with, until he got to about 50. Plenty of "oohs" from the crowd as he left/missed yet another one that sailed just past the stumps. Funnily enough, the only batsman to generate a good atmosphere was Hoggard - he seems to be a real favourite with the crowd.

Anyway, if Sri Lanka's batting is anywhere near as bad as their bowling, then expect this test to be won inside 4 days, and us to win the series 3-0. Roll on Pakistan, and a proper test:clap2:

I hope you weren't one of those KNOBS joining in with the 'Easy' chant after every boundary!

Still, looked a glorious day for cricket, and a splendid performances also:clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Did you see BRIAN though?:love: Or invest in one of the rather fetching numbers in the shop?;)

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Great ball from Vaas to remove Hog for 7.

329-4

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
350 up:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
51603.jpg

I don't have a clue why Sri Lanka are not using Lasith Malinga.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should be a 500 plus opening innings :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here