Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley: Palace or Brighton territory?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Billingshurst Eagle said:
You're havin' a giraffe! :salute:

Horsham is Palace - there is an coach from Horsham to every Palace away match!

Horsham is, and always has been an Albion Town. I went to school there in the 70s, I should know.:rolleyes:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhaexpress said:
Crawley's not that bad as new towns go, I used to live near Skelmersdale which isn't much cop and I used to pass through Kirkby which is dire.
And unlike Brighton, you can park your car in Crawley, get round an excellent number of high street shops, and be out of there in less than an hour - without paying through the nose for parking.

There's even a decent kids park right next to the shopping centre which is handy for dads of youngsters like me!

E

enigma

The thing is for there, it doesn't take much longer to get London by train so thats what probably contributes to them supporting London teams.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Smart Mart said:
Horsham is, and always has been an Albion Town. I went to school there in the 70s, I should know.:rolleyes:
He should know he went to school there in the 70`s so that confirms it.
It must be .:ascarf:

I went to school in Thornton Heath in the 70`s and it wasn`t all Palace. so what you are saying confirms nothing.

Does it really matter anyway

Last edited:

E

enigma

Croydonbloke said:
He should know he went to school there in the 70`s so that confirms it.
It must be .:ascarf:

I went to school in Thornton Heath in the 70`s and it wasn`t all Palace. so what you are saying confirms nothing.

Does it really matter anyway

My mate went to school in Selhurst, and said that was mostly palace, late 80s to 90s, but then I guess your team want bad then.

Dec 1, 2004
Guildford
Seems like there is a bit of Sussex by the sea everywhere. Also pretty hard to avoid Palarse in the South East. I might hand out some 'where do you live, if appropriate?' questionnaires to the muppets when I make the trip to Selhurst Park.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Smart Mart said:

I was at Forest in early 80's and it was always Brighton in my day, never met a Palarse fan my 25 years, before I escaped down to the seaside. :ascarf:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I went to school in Crawley '76-'82 (apparently same time and school as Strike's mum), and I can only recall one other Brighton fan at the school. Bruce Postle I think his name was. Lots of Palace, including my form teacher, but most other London clubs were fairly well represented too.

Last edited:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Respect to any albion fans living in Crawley but lets be honest we are talking "London Borough of Crawley" here.

Also, as for Crawley Town, having been present at all the Brighton friendlys at the Broadfield and having the dubious pleasure of accompanying a work colleague (Grays fan) to the recent Crawley vs Grays game I can honestly say that I have never come across such an immature. snotty-nosed, foul mouthed, humourless, witless, charmless, gormless and deeply unattractive bunch of fans as appears to populate the Broadfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here