Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Peacock - Meridian News

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Does anyone remember the hillariously named Chris Peacock from the local news (Meridian I think). A colleague of mine thinks I am winding her up.

Can you back me up by confirming that this poor fellow existed?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He certainly did - and does - exist. Could still be on London news? Or maybe he's 'made it national'. Anyway, it is absolutely true that he changed his screen name from Chris Peacock (Fnarr fnarr) to the less innuendo-based Christopher Peacock.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Seems like a nice boy to me

christopherpeakcocktvssouth198.jpg

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
I remember him. But I never noticed the Crispy Cock thing until this very minute.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Can definately confirm that Chris Peacock does exist.
Actually there was also a roving reporter on South Today called Richard Brock.....................and he was in my class at school!!!!
Sorry, just thought I'd slip that one in.:p

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
If my memory serves me well, was he not shacked up with 1970s 'Adult Film Star' Fiona Richmond?

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
SussexHoop said:
If my memory serves me well, was he not shacked up with 1970s 'Adult Film Star' Fiona Richmond?
No that was the blonde haired guy who was nearly bald but used to brush his hair in such a way to disguise it. Can't remember his name though.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
the blonde haired guy who went out with Adult entertainer Fiona Richmond was James Montgomery. F.....g hell why do I still remember these things.Its not as if I hav`nt taken enough drugs.

Jul 7, 2003
Childish though it is, you also have to remember that using his initial he was C. Peacock (think about it)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was also a roaming reporter for TVS around that time called Sonia Legg.

That always raised a smile at teatime for me. :lolol:

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Ahh happy days, wasn't it southern telivision, and then Jack Hardgreaves would come on telling you how to tie a fish hook and thatch a roof.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Stupid thing was as well that he didn't hide the name or over-pronounce certain parts of the name to nullify it or anything. He could simply have changed his name to Christopher Peacock but oh no, he used to sign off "Reporting for TVS here in Brighton, Chrispea-cock". Legend.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
the daddy of all TVS presenters was Jack Hargreaves, he did a slot about squirels and other countryside things and also had his own programme called out of town which he presented from his garden shed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here