Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Oh oh jezzas gone and done it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Regardless of whether he said "stupid woman" or "stupid people", his inability to control himself when under a bit of pressure surely rules him out as future PM material.

Hats off to [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] for calling it so early though.

So calling a General Election that cost the ruling party its majority in the House and withdrawing the Prime Ministers negotiated agreement with the EU from a parliamentary vote because it would have failed miserably is regarded as AS PM material ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So calling a General Election that cost the ruling party its majority in the House and withdrawing the Prime Ministers negotiated agreement with the EU from a parliamentary vote because it would have failed miserably is regarded as AS PM material ?

OK, so JC has a better idea? Actually, has JC got any idea?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Have you reached the bit in this thread where I say we have a shit PM yet?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
OK, so JC has a better idea? Actually, has JC got any idea?

Does our current incumbent ? she has a deal her own party can't even vote for ! So the party of Conservatism ( that does not actually CONSERVE anything but prefers to sell off national infrastructure to their pals ) has led us in to the rise of Food Banks, increasing homelessness and stagnation of wages but is still the better party ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have you reached the bit in this thread where I say we have a shit PM yet?

I just love the way you snipe at JC while ignoring the fact we have to live under the worst PM in living memory.... but, you can't admit that !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just love the way you snipe at JC while ignoring the fact we have to live under the worst PM in living memory.... but, you can't admit that !

I would estimate I have called Theresa May absolutely dreadful on at least 100 occasions, and probably significantly more than that, on these pages over the last two years. I've said it on this very thread.

As such, I can only assume you're taking the piss, or have just home from your Christmas do and are pissed up.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Tories desperate to latch on to anything that distracts from a country in crisis entirely due to their own omniclustershambles of a government.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would estimate I have called Theresa May absolutely dreadful on at least 100 occasions, and probably significantly more than that, on these pages over the last two years. I've said it on this very thread.

As such, I can only assume you're taking the piss, or have just home from your Christmas do and are pissed up.

I take umbrage that you say JC is obviously not PM material because he may have said " Stupid Woman " yet the current incumbent is even worse !... by the way " Absolutely dreadful " sounds like something someone mumbles after too many ciders, but, it's your view and your website.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

...but we don't "have to live under the worst PM in living memory". We are living under the current PM primarily because that's how our democracy works. She won-ish, whilst Corbyn lost-ish (despite many seeming to claim Labour had some kind of victory).

The leader of the opposition can, at any time, trigger events to try and change that, but Corbyn has failed to table a motion of no confidence that complies with the Fixed-term Parliaments Act. He's been called embarrassing this week by the SNP's Ian Blackford. The Lib Dems have, with other opposition parties, tried to table an amendment to Corbyn's bizarre stunt but he still seems to be having none of it.

Maybe instead of sitting there mouthing insults across the chamber, your boy could actually put up some proper opposition.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I take umbrage that you say JC is obviously not PM material because he may have said " Stupid Woman " yet the current incumbent is even worse !... by the way " Absolutely dreadful " sounds like something someone mumbles after too many ciders, but, it's your view and your website.

I believe I actually called her "shit" on this very thread if you want to nitpick over words.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
...but we don't "have to live under the worst PM in living memory". We are living under the current PM primarily because that's how our democracy works. She won-ish, whilst Corbyn lost-ish (despite many seeming to claim Labour had some kind of victory).

The leader of the opposition can, at any time, trigger events to try and change that, but Corbyn has failed to table a motion of no confidence that complies with the Fixed-term Parliaments Act. He's been called embarrassing this week by the SNP's Ian Blackford. The Lib Dems have, with other opposition parties, tried to table an amendment to Corbyn's bizarre stunt but he still seems to be having none of it.

Maybe instead of sitting there mouthing insults across the chamber, your boy could actually put up some proper opposition.

Do you listen to PMQ's when he questions Theresa May and her governments performance ? Ian Blackford asks some very cutting and pertinent questions too but he gets the same non-answers. Unfortunately Theresa May has a very slight majority in the House when combined with her pet DUP allies so it is very difficult to manoeuvre to pass a motion of No Confidence. This becomes harder still when the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg is willing to vote against his own party leader in a Conservative Party vote of No Confidence and then 2 days later he says that he would absolutely support the Prime Minister if a vote of No Confidence was moved by JC.

If you think running this forum is difficult then...

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
I'm sure this "story" will be screamed out from the front pages of the daily m+il, the s+n etc. tomorrow. Followed by a minute apology in three months when it's been proved that he said people, not woman! ��

Meanwhile it goes unmentioned how our prime minister has delayed a vote on a deal she knows will fail. This country was recently investigated by UN on poverty levels, and recieved atrocious reviews. Where's the media coverage on that? Food banks in a country as wealthy as this? MPs posing for photos at them as though this is something to be proud of!

This government is horsesh*t. Trouble is Corbyn and labour aren't providing a compelling opposition, and I fear a general election will continue with what we have.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Does our current incumbent ? she has a deal her own party can't even vote for ! So the party of Conservatism ( that does not actually CONSERVE anything but prefers to sell off national infrastructure to their pals ) has led us in to the rise of Food Banks, increasing homelessness and stagnation of wages but is still the better party ?
So, JC hasn't got a better idea then.

Nice to be in agreement about something.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So my question remains what should he say? I don’t see it as sexist at all but maybe I’m behind the times and need to stop calling people what they are.

So is it stupid person, stupid human, stupid ****, Cupid stunt, stupid bugger? Which of these is more offensive and which is acceptable?
If someone is being stupid, and you want to say so, you can do so without mentioning their race, gender or sexual orientation. There are many ways you can say what you want: Don't be stupid; You're being stupid; That's a stupid argument. Or if you want to be more personal about it: You stupid idiot; You stupid fool; You stupid muppet.

Surely you realise that if you added 'black' or 'gay' to any of those it would be racist/homophobic? Obviously adding the gender makes it sexist.

Who actually doesn’t call people anything without referring to their gender sometimes.
Er, most people. You can refer to someone's gender when that reference isn't intended (or likely to be interpreted) as part of the insult.
Is Corbin a sexist man or is that in itself a sexist statement?
No, that wouldn't be a sexist statement, as you're not making 'man' part of an insult.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So, JC hasn't got a better idea then.

Nice to be in agreement about something.

Er , you may have to go back and re-read some stuff in this thread at this point. Hope that helps.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you listen to PMQ's when he questions Theresa May and her governments performance ? Ian Blackford asks some very cutting and pertinent questions too but he gets the same non-answers. Unfortunately Theresa May has a very slight majority in the House when combined with her pet DUP allies so it is very difficult to manoeuvre to pass a motion of No Confidence. This becomes harder still when the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg is willing to vote against his own party leader in a Conservative Party vote of No Confidence and then 2 days later he says that he would absolutely support the Prime Minister if a vote of No Confidence was moved by JC.

If you think running this forum is difficult then...

I "work from sofa" and have the Parliament Channel on often so, yes, I see PMQs most weeks and have seen Ian Blackford in action. I'm not a fan of the SNP at all and his aggressive tone, not dissimilar to that of Nicola Sturgeon, grates with me. But he certainly goes after May, as you'd expect.

Disappointing if Corbyn will only enter battles he knows he will win, as you suggest. I'd expect more of the opposition.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He really is a vile individual!

Rough sleeping up 168%
1,000 made homeless every month
1 in 200 now sleeping rough (320,000 people)
1 in 14 people now using foodbanks, the majority of them in work.
4.5 million children living in poverty.
Hundreds of deaths linked to universal credit.
People who were invited here in the 1950s to help rebuild Britain deported.
Two and a half years (TWO AND A HALF ******** YEARS) to sort out Brexit, but heading for no deal, which will see businesses collapse within weeks and a shortage of food and medicine.

Yet you call the leader of the opposition a "vile individual" for (allegedly) calling the person who instigated these atrocities "a stupid woman".

Have a long, hard look at the utter state of yourself.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here