Penalty or dive?

• Penalty

Votes: 21 7.2%
  • Dive

Votes: 272 92.8%

• Total voters

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
At least Man U was a clear no nonsense penalty. Will be interesting next season when, as is expected,
VAR will be in operation in all Premier games.

As bad a dive as Zaha's. Defender got the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didn’t the Everton player get a ban for something similar against Palace?

If I recall that was with greater contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
interviewed Gooner at the game sums up Zaha perfectly is his first 15 seconds........

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
NSFW - naughty words

[YT]mILOJYUp1UE[/YT]

Edit: beaten to it by seconds :lolol:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Well f**k me!! I voted dive, obviously, even before I watched the Gif, I then watched it and Jesus wept, how can any ref in any league let alone a professional referee! Not see through that? He has to have springs in his heels to jump that high the f**king prick

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Palace have very little tactics or quality to score goals other than getting penalties.

To be fair, whilst that is a dive, Zaha is the best in the business at tricking the ref. He steps his right leg into a very strange position just before the bunny hop into a dive that gives the appearance he has been swiped when he’s not been touched. Every time he is in the area, his game is all about trying to get a touch and diving - pathetic really. Love him or hate him, he is the best at getting penalties in the Premier League.

Which means he must have practiced long and hard to perfect his technique, which makes it even worse.
In fact he probably continues to practice, so that he doesn't lose his art, right in full view of Woy, who denies he ever dives.
Considering they area one man band, to have your only decent player needing to cheat to pick up a draw at home and score their only goals at home this season from the penalty spot, is not a great position to be in .
Having a total **** for a manager does not help their situation either.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sums up that club perfectly. Rotten at all levels. Oh yes, of course it was a fvcking dive.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
He begins his dive long before Xhaka moves. Dirty cheating scumbag. So deserves a ban.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As much as I hate to admit it was a stonewall penalty. Check it out from this angle and see his foot get clipped...

https://twitter.com/lloydtmuchedzi/status/1056564809846665216?s=21

His foot doesn't get clipped as such. Yes, Xhaka may have touched the front of his foot - but then Zaha pulls his foot back, puts his feet together, and then bunny hops.

But that initial tiny bit of contact is why he won't get a ban. It can indeed be both a penalty and a dive.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Dive all day - Olympic standard.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20181028-174227.png

FFS what a tw@t!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As much as I hate to admit it was a stonewall penalty. Check it out from this angle and see his foot get clipped...

https://twitter.com/lloydtmuchedzi/status/1056564809846665216?s=21

These ‘the defender cannot be lunging there and ‘look at the replay there is a touch’ comments really annoy me as regardless of the two you can see his intent is to deliberately make a collision and then leap in the air. It is not natural to be launched up in the air on such minimal contact. This is rife in the game because people justify it with minor contacts on replays.

To think he has cheek to moan about protection after that and last week. It’s about time someone launched him in the air with some proper contact

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
These ‘the defender cannot be lunging there and ‘look at the replay there is a touch’ comments really annoy me as regardless of the two you can see his intent is to deliberately make a collision and then leap in the air. It is not natural to be launched up in the air on such minimal contact. This is rife in the game because people justify it with minor contacts on replays.

To think he has cheek to moan about protection after that and last week. It’s about time someone launched him in the air with some proper contact
December 4th apparently is launch day for him
Double D Day is drawing closer

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here