Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March untouchable ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm sure the assist has been given, he's now joint 6th in the PL (he was joint 4th before last nights games)

Edit: Although whoscored.com don't show an assist and have him on 5 in total but only list four of them v Everton, v Cardiff and two v Hudds

He wasn't credited with an assist in my FPL team; though I don't know if that means anything.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In the form of his life. Strikes the ball so cleanly. Are you watching Southgate!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the form of his life. Strikes the ball so cleanly. Are you watching Southgate!

Don't say that.
I'm sure part of his 'downfall' last season was the ridiculously high expectations placed on Solly at the start of last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dvaq97xWoAANCr8.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yet various match reports I've read and a podcast singled him out for praise.

Can't slag off Locadia, Stephens played well, Bong didn't play.

Roll up Solly it's your turn.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I watched the game back today and I confirmed to myself what I believed I had witnessed live, he was awful. That miss, one on one though a difficult chance was given very little consideration. A complete lack of expression on his face when it sailed over not a glimmer of regret. He just doesn't appear to give a shite. never shows emotion or any passion. He's ok at free kicks etc and that's why he's created chances but in general play he offers little, no drive.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can't slag off Locadia, Stephens played well, Bong didn't play.

Roll up Solly it's your turn.

It was unfair re Locadia because only played 15/20 mins a go. It is not March's turn Just people giving opinion on what they see. Apart from tracking back he has been poor for many games .Yesterday was terrible and would help if he looked up when crossing. Very easy to mark as does same thing everytime. Stops gets it on left foot and crosses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was unfair re Locadia because only played 15/20 mins a go. It is not March's turn Just people giving opinion on what they see. Apart from tracking back he has been poor for many games .Yesterday was terrible and would help if he looked up when crossing. Very easy to mark as does same thing everytime. Stops gets it on left foot and crosses.

Yet there he is one of only 2 English players on the list of most assists, having DIRECTLY contributed to 25% of the Albion's goals, this season.

I understand the desire to find a player to slag off when you can pick on any one of 5 or 6.

For whatever reason (seemingly Gross and Propper being out injured at the same time) we've had some truly woeful performances this season, oddly the games we won!!

I just don't understand the desire to do down a player from excellent team performance, a player who was still creating chances deep into the game, who seemingly thrives on confidence.
Not to mention the fact he's a local lad who'd come through the ranks.

As for Piltdown's post that rubbish is best ignored.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yet there he is one of only 2 English players on the list of most assists, having DIRECTLY contributed to 25% of the Albion's goals, this season.

I understand the desire to find a player to slag off when you can pick on any one of 5 or 6.

For whatever reason (seemingly Gross and Propper being out injured at the same time) we've had some truly woeful performances this season, oddly the games we won!!

I just don't understand the desire to do down a player from excellent team performance, a player who was still creating chances deep into the game, who seemingly thrives on confidence.
Not to mention the fact he's a local lad who'd come through the ranks.

As for Piltdown's post that rubbish is best ignored.

Just because you don't agree. Sometimes you can be a right tool. So **** off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I watched the game back today and I confirmed to myself what I believed I had witnessed live, he was awful. That miss, one on one though a difficult chance was given very little consideration. A complete lack of expression on his face when it sailed over not a glimmer of regret. He just doesn't appear to give a shite. never shows emotion or any passion. He's ok at free kicks etc and that's why he's created chances but in general play he offers little, no drive.

Whilst I am invariably one of the first to leap to March's defence against the ridiculous criticism he receives - this was not his finest hour. He did all his defensive work to a tee - but that is an absolute given, in his case - something taken completely for granted. He gave the ball away sloppily a couple of times though, and he did miss two presentable chances to win the game. So for once, whilst I entirely disagree with your hyperbolic 'awful' assessment, I'm not bothered arguing with it.

What I will argue, all day and night is the absolute drivel, that I've highlighted. What an absolute crock of steaming shit to level at a local lad, who gives his absolute all, in every game. Not every player is a Gallic prima-donna, prone to pantomime shrugs (and regular bookings for poor reactions and dissent). The very fact that March controls his emotions is part of why Hughton rates him so highly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not his biggest fan and I think he defends better than he attacks. I find his unwillingness to run at players really frustrating, he has the skills but does not seem to believe enough, hence I tend to prefer seeing Jose and AK playing (although both seem to be well out of form at the moment) but I understand why Solly keeps getting picked over them.

My frustration is that although he has had plenty of game time he does not seem to have kicked on as I think he should have done as an attacking player. Yes he has plenty of assists this season but he has also messed up the final ball more often than a player at this level should, imo.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here