Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
£1m ? What a bunch of timewasters. He was excellent in our promotion season - 11 goals in 27 starts, including some absolute CORKERS and some hugely important game-changing strikes. Tinpot Reading can stick their £1m up their arse. He's still only 29, we should be recouping around £2.5m minimum, not letting them take the piss with their Poundland offers.

100% this. In today's market that's a colossal pisstake.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think the fee might have something to do with his wage at Brighton.

He isn’t willing to lose money so we might have had to take a hit on the fee to move him on

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think the fee might have something to do with his wage at Brighton.

He isn’t willing to lose money so we might have had to take a hit on the fee to move him on

Find another club who can afford him then. We are not a charity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Find another club who can afford him then. We are not a charity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that might be the problem !!! Finding a club to take on his wages, I’m led to believe he is on a very generous wage and he isn’t prepared to take a pay cut.

If Reading are only club willing to take it on do you think we should refuse £1m and just keep him here then ? Because just paying him for doing nothing would make us a charity would it not

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we save £1.5 million+ ? x 2 years wages, then getting him off the books makes a £1 million fee a decent return.

That's over £4 million benefit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£1m ? What a bunch of timewasters. He was excellent in our promotion season - 11 goals in 27 starts, including some absolute CORKERS and some hugely important game-changing strikes. Tinpot Reading can stick their £1m up their arse. He's still only 29, we should be recouping around £2.5m minimum, not letting them take the piss with their Poundland offers.

Sadly though, the fact that CH appears to be unwilling to let him anywhere near the team (or yesterday, either of the teams) sends out a message that we really want to get rid of him -thus his price will inevitably drop.
If he was playing in the pre-season friendlies (and even more so if playing well and scoring goals) then the price might be somewhere near what you suggest, but with a 'please come and take him away' tag round his neck we're unlikely to get anywhere near that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think that might be the problem !!! Finding a club to take on his wages, I’m led to believe he is on a very generous wage and he isn’t prepared to take a pay cut.

If Reading are only club willing to take it on do you think we should refuse £1m and just keep him here then ? Because just paying him for doing nothing would make us a charity would it not

Reading can have him for £1M if they knock a few million off their ****ing ridiculous high pricing of Moore... the tw@ts...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Baldock was my favourite player in the championship years and I really thought he'd manage the step up. Really disapointed that it turned out badly for him but he'll do a great Job whenever he goes.

I can't stand Reading either...I blame a certain Physio/Manager.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Baldock was my favourite player in the championship years and I really thought he'd manage the step up. Really disapointed that it turned out badly for him but he'll do a great Job whenever he goes.

I can't stand Reading either...I blame a certain Physio/Manager.

Certainly can't blame Sam he didn't make the step up, he got injured at a crucial time, other players came in, and he never had the chance.

Good luck to him.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
A fact that has been mentioned already and one that some of us seasoned supporters knew decades ago...Reading are tinpot!

I remember their legions at the Goldstone in the mid 90s.......totally totally tinpot and loathsome....

May they be speedily relegated.....

TNBA

TTF

Remember too. Went to Reading Uni, and went to our games at Elm Park. Shocking home attendance from them. Equivalent to Town Mead. Run down sheds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here