Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aside from Izquierdo where they were a bit slow off the mark explaining what was happening
That's a nice way of putting it. We were clearly told there no more injury worries. When did he get injured, just before our game with Watford?
this season, then i'm struggling to see any obfuscation. Player gets injured. Player recovers. Hughton says they are back in training . Player plays. Rinse Repeat.
It's early days.

Have we been told what Dunk's injury is?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's a nice way of putting it. We were clearly told there no more injury worries. When did he get injured, just before our game with Watford?
It's early days.

Have we been told what Dunk's injury is?

Everything Hughton has said about it is on this thread Trig ! - 2 updates so far.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Current status

Dunk [ankle] - "“At the moment it doesn’t look like [a long time out], so that’s a positive.
“It’s certainly not as bad as it might have been. How long we don’t know but we are probably talking weeks" (Tuesday August 21)
Hughton didn't add much more at the pre Liverpool press conference - "Lewis Dunk hasn't trained this week but it's not as bad as we first feared"

Bruno [hamstring] - Argus : "likely to resume training next week" (week beginning Aug 26)

Andone [groin] - out for Man U - "unclear" when he will resume training. according to Argus reports - Aug 21.

Izquierdo [knee] - "making good progress...Albion hope he will return to training week after next" (week beginning Sept 2nd)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We can probably "afford" a few injuries now - but not in December! Just checking the fixtures, we have 8 games between Dec 1st and Jan 1st. That's over 20% of the season in a month. Crazy. Clubs that have injury crises around that time could well be doomed!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Current status

Hughton did an interview post Liverpool on availability but didn't give any more detail...on Dunk, Bruno, Izquierdo and Andone apart from confirm they were out for Southampton.
He also gave an update on Ben White

Ben White [unknown] - "He came off in the Arsenal game [for the under 23s last week]. The good news is he's fine. We were certainly worried initially.
"He is okay but I don't think he will make Tuesday/Southampton. He would have played."
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16601525.albion-hit-by-defensive-injuries-for-southampton-cup-tie/

From last week:

Dunk [ankle] - "“At the moment it doesn’t look like [a long time out], so that’s a positive.
“It’s certainly not as bad as it might have been. How long we don’t know but we are probably talking weeks" (Tuesday August 21)
Hughton didn't add much more at the pre Liverpool press conference - "Lewis Dunk hasn't trained this week but it's not as bad as we first feared"

Bruno [hamstring] - Argus : "likely to resume training next week" (week beginning Aug 26)

Andone [groin] - out for Man U - "unclear" when he will resume training. according to Argus reports - Aug 21.

Izquierdo [knee] - "making good progress...Albion hope he will return to training week after next" (week beginning Sept 2nd)

Next likely update: Thursday - press conference pre Fulham. Assuming no injuries during Saints match.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Current status

Hughton gave an interview post Southampton but had little to add to what we already know.

“Lewis Dunk is better [his injury/recovery] than what we thought which is really good. He and Bruno are the closer ones. More realistically it will be after the international break.”

via: https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...-match-southampton-press-conference-1-8617105

Ben White [unknown] - "He came off in the Arsenal game [for the under 23s last week]. The good news is he's fine. We were certainly worried initially.
"He is okay but I don't think he will make Tuesday/Southampton. He would have played."
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16601525.albion-hit-by-defensive-injuries-for-southampton-cup-tie/

From last week:

Next likely update: Thursday - press conference pre Fulham...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only 18 fit and nominated players ( + Steele ) for Saturday, so the matchday squad picks itself.

Of course the 25 man squad is finalised on Friday, so in theory this may not be the case by the game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Only 18 fit and nominated players ( + Steele ) for Saturday, so the matchday squad picks itself.

Of course the 25 man squad is finalised on Friday, so in theory this may not be the case by the game.

Of that 18, I can name 17:
Ryan, Button
Montoya, Duffy, Balogun, Bong, Bernardo, Suttner
Knockaert, Jahanbakhsh, Propper, Stephens, Kayal, Bissouma, March
Murray, Locadia

Injured: Bruno, Dunk, White, Izquierdo, Andone

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of that 18, I can name 17:
Ryan, Button
Montoya, Duffy, Balogun, Bong, Bernardo, Suttner
Knockaert, Jahanbakhsh, Propper, Stephens, Kayal, Bissouma, March
Murray, Locadia

Injured: Bruno, Dunk, White, Izquierdo, Andone
Groß

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I hope in today’s presser CH will be asked about Andone. I think we need some information. Signed three months ago, he still hasn’t kicked a ball in anger. What is going on with him?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope in today’s presser CH will be asked about Andone. I think we need some information. Signed three months ago, he still hasn’t kicked a ball in anger. What is going on with him?

If he does and mentions “niggle” I hope someone has the good grace to laugh out loud :smile:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

He played for 45 minutes v Nice in pre-season, whether that was an angry kick or not , perhaps not. He has a groin injury but there is no clear date for his return to training. Last update was last week so likely to be a further bit of detail today or not.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
He played for 45 minutes v Nice in pre-season, whether that was an angry kick or not , perhaps not. He has a groin injury but there is no clear date for his return to training. Last update was last week so likely to be a further bit of detail today or not.

Today’s Argus love in article says Bruno and Dunk POSSIBLY back post international break, Jose and Andone not yet. Nothing more.

Expect to see neither this side of Christmas at this rate.

What I really don’t get is Duffy played on with a groin niggle, then had an operation meaning he missed a week of pre-season yet has returned to the fold without so much as a band aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If he does and mentions “niggle” I hope someone has the good grace to laugh out loud :smile:

Not sure why its so hilarious that when a footballer returns from injury and recovery is not going as hoped Icy ! Anyway hardly even happens to the Albion . Medical team have won or been nominated for the best team in their league (awarded for fewest injuries) for last 2 years.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Today’s Argus love in article says Bruno and Dunk POSSIBLY back post international break, Jose and Andone not yet. Nothing more.

Its merely the report from the post Saints press conference. Brighton and Hove Independent published the same quotes yesterday (see above)
https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...-match-southampton-press-conference-1-8617105
NB: Locadia, Murray this season and 15+ players last season all returned from injury or knocks last season in the same or earlier timeframe as Hughton predicted.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure why its so hilarious that when a footballer returns from injury and recovery is not going as hoped Icy ! Anyway hardly even happens to the Albion . Medical team have won or been nominated for the best team in their league (awarded for fewest injuries) for last 2 years.

I half make these posts to wind you up Chailey, and you bite every time :wink: You miss my point completely though, I would not expect someone to laugh at an injury, more to do with the fact that so many long term injuries at the Albion are termed “niggles” initially. We are past the niggle stage with Andone I think CH should do his best to avoid using that word for Andone’s condition now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here