Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This will upset the 'never play for us' brigade. :lol:

They're running out of axes to grind.

And i'm thinking it might be worth taking a day's annual leave to go through this and the Macallister threads to out them all from the rocks they'll be hiding under

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And i'm thinking it might be worth taking a day's annual leave to go through this and the Macallister threads to out them all from the rocks they'll be hiding under

I'd imagine it wouldn't take long, you could probably name over 50% without looking. :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Deputy Barber's to do list :

- New contract for Connolly.

- Permit for Percy, and announcement he'll join the squad next season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be fair, his performance against REAL MADRID would suggest he probably would have a good chance of being involved for us. Obviously, if he was available for us we'd have a very differently shaped team. If he can be involved next season, I'm sure he will be. He looks dynamite from the few clips I've seen.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
To be fair, his performance against REAL MADRID would suggest he probably would have a good chance of being involved for us. Obviously, if he was available for us we'd have a very differently shaped team. If he can be involved next season, I'm sure he will be. He looks dynamite from the few clips I've seen.

I've got a theory that next summer there's going to be a mass selling (or more likely loaning) of a lot of the premier era bought attacking stars, who with the emergence of academy players aren't seen as essential. So Izquierdo, Ali J, Bissouma, Propper, plus the three already loaned out. Murray will also retire. This then could make space and wages for a South African, an Argentinian and a few others that Potter feels he needs to get his brand of football properly embedded. Mooy will be one of them

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I've got a theory that next summer there's going to be a mass selling (or more likely loaning) of a lot of the premier era bought attacking stars, who with the emergence of academy players aren't seen as essential. So Izquierdo, Ali J, Bissouma, Propper, plus the three already loaned out. Murray will also retire. This then could make space and wages for a South African, an Argentinian and a few others that Potter feels he needs to get his brand of football properly embedded. Mooy will be one of them

I agree. I can see the much rumoured Propper to Ajax finally happening (£20m+ ta very much), then Izzy, Jahanbakhsh, Balogun and a few others off. Would be disappointed to lose Bissouma or Bernardo though. Both have always seemed very promising, but haven’t had much of a look in for Potter yet.

Also Ben White and possibly Molumby, Clarke and Walton will come into the first team squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd imagine it wouldn't take long, you could probably name over 50% without looking. :lol:

Confess I thought they might just be sold on without playing for us but I have always seen how it wouldn’t actually be a big deal as long as the club made money from it :shrug:

Confess to being quite excited about Tau possibly joining, I remain unconvinced that the Scots Argie has any interest in coming here though.

If Tau does join will the incoming views from Saffers,who know he is by far our best player, rival Ali J’s Persian admirers who kept visiting NSC?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I agree. I can see the much rumoured Propper to Ajax finally happening (£20m+ ta very much), then Izzy, Jahanbakhsh, Balogun and a few others off. Would be disappointed to lose Bissouma or Bernardo though. Both have always seemed very promising, but haven’t had much of a look in for Potter yet.

Also Ben White and possibly Molumby, Clarke and Walton will come into the first team squad.

Agree. It will surely be next summer or never for Gyokeres as well. Whereas for some of the others we have out on loan, Mlakar, Ostigard, Dreyer, Sanchez, Sanders maybe they are a year behind that

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Would Percy make the team at the moment, squad player at best

F*ck me what's happened.

How have we gone from:
'we are relying on a pensioner and an unproven kid as our entire attacking force'
To:
'would there be room in the team for an full International, Champions league, highly rated, striker'?

In what...two weeks?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Izzy, Pröpper ( and Stephens ) enter the last year of their contracts in the summer. I doubt we want them to 'walk away on a free' in 2021...

Jahanbakhsh is in the last chance saloon already.

And Balogun is out of contract at the end of this season anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
F*ck me what's happened.

How have we gone from:
'we are relying on a pensioner and an unproven kid as our entire attacking force'
To:
'would there be room in the team for an full International, Champions league, highly rated, striker'?

In what...two weeks?

:clap:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Izzy, Pröpper ( and Stephens ) enter the last year of their contracts in the summer. I doubt we want them to 'walk away on a free' in 2021...

Jahanbakhsh is in the last chance saloon already.

And Balogun is out of contract at the end of this season anyway.

Hadn’t realised Stephens was so close to the end of his contract. Amazed we never extended that (despite all the whingers on here).

In my mind, the future of Duffy, Biss, Bernardo and Propper will be the most interesting. But it’s October, getting very far ahead of ourselves here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
F*ck me what's happened.

How have we gone from:
To:

In what...two weeks?
Alternatively the Albion bought a full international, Champions League, highly rated striker for £3m...

...and the deal still needs explaining!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

I think Izzy might very much depend on how he comes back post-injury. He showed a lot of potential before the injury. Yes, last season was a disappointment, but if he was as compromised by the injury as now thought then hopefully we can see him back at his best before season end and competing for a starting place.

I'd also hope that room can be kept for Bissouma. Pretty sure he was bought as a long term prospect.

It's difficult, though, isn't it? If we do get permits for both Tau and Macallister then what does our first choice frontline / midfield look like?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
F*ck me what's happened.

How have we gone from:
To:

In what...two weeks?

One of the things that's happened is that the unproven kid has proven himself

He always had huge promise, but plenty don't make the transition from u23 league to Premier League. It's worked, so well done to Aaron and well done to Potter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here