Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raheem Sterling has an AK 47 tattoo on his thigh. Should he play for England?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why the fck have the media decided NOW is a good time to run this story? He's been outstanding all season and very much in the public eye.

Oh yeah, England are at the WC and there's nothing else to write.

FFS

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A perfectly reasonable thing to get upset about.

(joking obviously, some people need to get a life)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why the fck have the media decided NOW is a good time to run this story? He's been outstanding all season and very much in the public eye.

FFS

It's a classic 'Lets see how many England players we can demoralise'. Sneak pictures of footballers without their long socks.

His father was shot dead, so it reminds him of the horror of guns. Who are we to criticse that?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having read up on him he’s not someone I want representing my country of birth.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

FFS

This.

While every other country's press are getting ready to back their team in the hope of helping them to World Cup glory, the gutter press here has started its depressingly regular witch hunt against our national team's players for just about any spurious reason they can get away with. Then, when they get knocked out, they can attack them again with an "I told you so" sneer on their faces. The cash flow of the nation's red tops seem to be the only winners in this country in a major tournament summer.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm outraged, OUTRAGED I tell you. I'm, um, not sure what I'm outraged about. Am I outraged that he's got a shit tattoo that 'obviously' celebrates gang culture and thus should never play for England again? Or am I outraged that white racists are criticising an element of black culture?

I dunno, when I've worked it out I'll send some abusive tweets and then come back and tell you all. You can then all be outraged as well.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This.

While every other country's press are getting ready to back their team in the hope of helping them to World Cup glory, the gutter press here has started its depressingly regular witch hunt against our national team's players for just about any spurious reason they can get away with. Then, when they get knocked out, they can attack them again with an "I told you so" sneer on their faces. The cash flow of the nation's red tops seem to be the only winners in this country in a major tournament summer.

Actually, yes, that;s what I'm most outraged about. Well at least pissed off. We've reached the "slag 'em off" stage already. I don't like it when the media is ridiculously over-optimistic, but this negative story really didn't to come out now.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What next:

BBC and ITV before each half have presenters issue a warning that some viewers may find the players tattoos, haircuts and general behaviour upsetting.

All half time and post game replays and interviews have all exposed tattoos blurred out.

If only moaning was an Olympic sport we would win gold every time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

FFS

It's not the media, it's The Sun who ran it

Other coverage is now focusing on his response and, from what I've seen, is broadly sympathetic to him (although I haven't seen the Mail's yet)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Your father was shot dead too? I'm so sorry.

I have to say, I do find his explanation difficult to believe. Having a machine gun tattooed on ones leg isn’t the obvious reaction to a family bereavement. I guess grief affects us in different ways though?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's not the media, it's The Sun who ran it

Other coverage is now focusing on his response and, from what I've seen, is broadly sympathetic to him (although I haven't seen the Mail's yet)
If it's The Sun then I'm letting them off their indiscretion, and Stirling can do one.

As long as I get a free Ingerlund plastic bowler hat. [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here