Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Swansea v Stains is huge. If Swansea win I think Stains are gone; if Stains win it I'd go for Hudders with Swansea beating Stoke on the last day

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ahhh can't take the stress!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ahhh can't take the stress!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

We’re fine. 2 or more of Stoke, Hudd, Stains and Swansea will definitely finish below us.

I had all the nighmarish final games as losses, so these 2 vital points will see us safe.

Don’t over estimate how shite Hudd and Stoke are. Stoke were obsessed wifh defence today, when they desparately required 3 points.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching Swansea v Chelsea.

Swansea really geared up, everyone attacking, Mawson running through as a support striker at times!!

This could either see Swansea sweep Chelsea aside, or be a cricket score for the visitors.

Ayew brothers might get reds if they don’t calm down.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Wondering if some smart mathematician can put together some scenarios with permutations of Swansea, Stoke and Saints results . Preferably proving we cannot go down.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wondering if some smart mathematician can put together some scenarios with permutations of Swansea, Stoke and Saints results . Preferably proving we cannot go down.

The one result that would really seal things is if Stoke were to beat Swansea.
Also, West Ham are still in the relegation mix and have a tough run-in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Swansea v Stains is huge. If Swansea win I think Stains are gone; if Stains win it I'd go for Hudders with Swansea beating Stoke on the last day
Would be surprised if Southampton win at Everton, so if they lose at Swansea as well they are doomed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A point for us v Man Utd would mitigate against Huddersfield getting a flukey win in their nightmare last 3 games.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
A point for us v Man Utd would mitigate against Huddersfield getting a flukey win in their nightmare last 3 games.

This has been my immediate thoughts too. Hudds really ballsed up their survival chances this afternoon and will no doubt hope that Arsenal will continue to be fragile on the last day of season. But based on the remaining fixtures then a point for us on Friday there is no way they’ll overtake us.

On another point, Stoke getting a point today and not being able to catch us now is a big plus because hopefully they’ll get something against Palace next weekend meaning all to play for when they play Swansea on the last day. I can genuinely see Swansea drawing their 3 remaining games which if they do they won’t overtake us either.

I’m feeling quietly confident we’ll be just fine ! UTA

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Pointless to include Stoke, and do need to include Hudds. And permutations are meaningless without assigning probabilities to outcomes and that leads to a plethora of possibilities The only sensible thing to do is accept that relegation is unlikely but possible and go and do something useful in life. Been the same for a few weeks yet we have a thread a minute trying to over analyse. Rather like the ubiquitous points required threads of last two seasons.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Swansea still to play Southampton the mathematical safety target is now 40 points.

Beat Man Utd and we party.

( Or if we match the points both Southampton and Swansea get the next day).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
For us to get pulled into it, Southampton, huddersfield and Swansea would all have to have a sharp rise in form.

Given what has happened with them so far this season, I can't see it happening.

As Warmleyseagull said it is possible but unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here