Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting to read in the red tops that West Ham are chasing Alfie Mawson but if they fail to sign him they will go for a much cheaper option in Lewis Dunk Good to hear CH come out and say he will not be going anywhere as I believe that like Zaha at Palace he is worth more to us than any fee would achieve

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting to read in the red tops that West Ham are chasing Alfie Mawson but if they fail to sign him they will go for a much cheaper option in Lewis Dunk Good to hear CH come out and say he will not be going anywhere as I believe that like Zaha at Palace he is worth more to us than any fee would achieve
No chance that Dunk is cheaper than Mawson. Journalist messed up with that speculation.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I'm sure Dunk will be hoping for a better move than to West Ham. If a top 6 club puts a serious offer in then I'm sure mutual discussions will be held. Lewis deserves a move to advance his career to the next level. But having said that, I'm hoping he will be here for another year at least!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm sure Dunk will be hoping for a better move than to West Ham. If a top 6 club puts a serious offer in then I'm sure mutual discussions will be held. Lewis deserves a move to advance his career to the next level. But having said that, I'm hoping he will be here for another year at least!

All this.

Dunk can do better if he moves than playing in the awful (for football) Olympic Stadium, in front of an always moaning fanbase.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I believe the same that he is not worth as much as Mawson but interesting to read that the journalists thought much the same. I would say Dunk £15m max Mawson £15m minimum but nearer £25m

Whereas another season in the EPL and Dunk will be worth at least as much.
All about top flight experience.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least with us Dunk's shielded by the internet posters punchbags of Duffy and Bong.
Shame he's not shielded from Spurs fans talking him down.

Although I notice, at the moment, he's sticking the boot into the under 23's so a little respite for Dunky-poos.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I believe the same that he is not worth as much as Mawson but interesting to read that the journalists thought much the same. I would say Dunk £15m max Mawson £15m minimum but nearer £25m

We turned 5m down from Fulham three years ago. There is no way Dunk is going anywhere this summer for 15m. Especially if you consider Keane went for 25m last year.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You are all just making the numbers up now.

Nothing wrong with a fee of a set of shirts.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Allegedly no proof. Also Keane has more top flight + England experiences and a desperate buy by Koeman who was sacked for his judgement amongst other aspects of his management.

Any scout with even the tiniest knowledge of football would tell you that Dunk is a much better player than Keane; he has so much more to his game. Valuing Dunk at £15m is absurd, rich Championship teams would be sniffing about at that price; he is only leaving us for the top six (one of our own).

Look at the cost VVD. £75m. Based on that figure, it’s possible Tony would turn down anything under £35m and I bloody hope he does.

£15m - absolute twaddle!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Allegedly no proof. Also Keane has more top flight + England experiences and a desperate buy by Koeman who was sacked for his judgement amongst other aspects of his management.

But prices are going up exponentially with the huge PL broadcasting income. I'd say £20m is a bare minimum. But I can't see Dunk making a sideways move to West Ham, unless they double his wages. Are Gold/Sullivan big wage payers?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any scout with even the tiniest knowledge of football would tell you that Dunk is a much better player than Keane; he has so much more to his game. Valuing Dunk at £15m is absurd, rich Championship teams would be sniffing about at that price; he is only leaving us for the top six (one of our own).

Look at the cost VVD. £75m. Based on that figure, it’s possible Tony would turn down anything under £35m and I bloody hope he does.

£15m - absolute twaddle!

Pretty much this. Can’t see him leaving for anything other than a top 6 team..........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went through all of this 12 months ago, arguing with a poster that it would be impossible to buy Gylfi Sigurdsson for £15-20m.
I think I still went conservative saying £35m.

The difference between then and now is obvious:-

The poster in question then quickly said "blimey I got that very wrong".

That'll not happen this time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whoa!

Too early to say.

I would still think the Mullery team that first year in Div 1, would give this team a very close game.

Foster and Suddaby, with Lawrenson in midfield with Horton and Ward and Ray Clarke up front, Stevens/Gregory, Williams, Sully and Ryan is formidable in its own right.

At least in my mind anyway [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re 40 odd years (!!) on from that team. The standard of football as a whole has improved immeasurably in that time. Technique, pace, fitness are all at a much, much higher minimum standard. I’m confident the current team would destroy the Mullery side - and that’s no dig at them, we’re just in a different world now in terms of the sport, so not comparing apples with apples.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another example of Koeman over paying for a player which eventually lead to his sacking. His buying was very suspect as the players were ok but he paid too much money for them. The only one he got right was Pickford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here