Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need a new derogatory term for those gimps that sprint out of the Amex

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, may I propose the derogatory term GUMPS...

giphy.gif

This isn't aimed at early leavers necessarily, just those that start running as they leave - correct?

Typically I stay to the whistle, applaud as I leave and then head swiftly for the station queue and yes I often gump it.
It isn't dignified, so guilty as charged.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This should be pumped out on the PA system from 80 minutes for all the gumps. They could also have it on speakers all the way down to Falmer station until we've shamed every one of them and their pathetic excuses for having to leave early into staying and clapping the team off for their efforts.

Death to the Gumps!

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I think its more amusing than derogatory, and I'll hold my hands up to gumping it away from the Amex on a couple of occasions when I've really needed to make sure I get first train.

Yeah, I gump as well so I can get out of the car park in less than 3 hours. However, I do stay to the final whistle AND clap the team (albeit while I'm climbing the stairs to the exit). It also helps burn off the Piglets pie and Harveys.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
85ers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why are you so concerned? Zillions of reasons why fans leave early - and if you asked them why (contemptuously), then I would imagine they would tell you to f*** off, it 's none of your business.

It's a thing, it should have a name. It's not just early leavers on a saturday afternoon. How scary must it be being a little kid going with your mum or dad or other to an evening game and you wait til the final whistle and you come out the ground and there's all these GUMPS sprinting hell for leather in the dark to the available transport and threatening to bowl you over. Must just put you off wanting to go again in a hurry.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Couldn't get a ticket for the Bristol City game.... so I thought I'd go to the ground and celebrate in the North stand concourse...... nearly got crushed in the stampede

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
I sit with my lad in the back row of the family stand and every game without fail on the 84th minute the 2 rows in front of us all get up and leave. It is truely bizarre...I mean why 84th?
Was 3-0 when they left on Saturday!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
#ProudToBeAGump

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I sit with my lad in the back row of the family stand and every game without fail on the 84th minute the 2 rows in front of us all get up and leave. It is truely bizarre...I mean why 84th?
Was 3-0 when they left on Saturday!

So over a 19 home match season they miss at least 120 minutes of football - an entire game plus 30 minutes added time.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
TEFs

Travel Easement Facilitators.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here