Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A plea to the north stand

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought the North Stand was a real disappointment today. Nothing until we were 2-1 up at all to lift the team, plus it was really obvious that there were different factions in there today. We done to the West Stand for stepping up and starting songs today. :bowdown:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought the North Stand was a real disappointment today. Nothing until we were 2-1 up at all to lift the team, plus it was really obvious that there were different factions in there today. We done to the West Stand for stepping up and starting songs today. :bowdown:
What the **** is he on?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I was in the north west yesterday and i really noticed that a lot of those in that area just continue whatever song theyre singing quite often, regardless of what the rest of the north is singing. This isn't a moan, more an observation, but it was frustrating as it doesn't help with getting everyone singing together/getting the West joining in, etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What the **** is he on?

The man speak'th the truth.

I can only assume you are both in the North Stand, where I'm sure in your bit, it's great, but to the rest of us all you make is garbled noise.

GOSBTS
Ring of Fire
Boom 2 different chants.

If I didn't know better I'd think you did it on purpose.

The rare time an 'ALBION' or something got going across the stand it was superb, the rest of the time the North Stand is either silent or a human version of white noise.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
The man speak'th the truth.

I can only assume you are both in the North Stand, where I'm sure in your bit, it's great, but to the rest of us all you make is garbled noise.

GOSBTS
Ring of Fire
Boom 2 different chants.

If I didn't know better I'd think you did it on purpose.

The rare time an 'ALBION' or something got going across the stand it was superb, the rest of the time the North Stand is either silent or a human version of white noise.
'Tis sadly true.

We sit at the north end of WSU.

Yesterday was one of the great Amex days. The atmosphere and excitement were there but the singing was not good.

Well done to those in WSU who stepped up and started songs for us to join in as we got tired of waiting for the NS.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not to cause an argument, but I don’t recall hearing a single song from the West Stand yesterday.

I agree with you but then again I was watching the game on who scored.com and final score:lolol:

But the commentators kept mentioning how good the atmosphere was and The Amex was a great stadium to watch football.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Not to cause an argument, but I don’t recall hearing a single song from the West Stand yesterday.

I mean, I’m going to disagree with you here. I sit up there, and at one point, after waiting so long for something to get going, we did it ourselves. One guy at the front, stood up, turned around and conducted the West Upper to sing... at times yesterday West Stand was better than the North...

Either way, shouldn’t we all stop arguing and just agree that the whole stadium would be a lot better if that ****ing East Stand actually sang a song rather than sitting there on their hands all game

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
I assume you were in NS. You won't have heard WSU as all our singing was at times of peak noise around the stadium.

The NS "should" be able to lead and coordinate the singing round the ground during loud and quiet bits of games but it is not very good at doing it due to the reasons discussed endlessly on here.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Either way, shouldn’t we all stop arguing and just agree that the whole stadium would be a lot better if that ****ing East Stand actually sang a song rather than sitting there on their hands all game
How very dare you.

Where do you think all the audible tutting, groans and sighs come from?
They don't just happen on their own, you know.

Also we're the last stand to sing, the fact that we aren't 'shamed' into it, is very telling.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I mean, I’m going to disagree with you here. I sit up there, and at one point, after waiting so long for something to get going, we did it ourselves. One guy at the front, stood up, turned around and conducted the West Upper to sing... at times yesterday West Stand was better than the North...

You heard the West Stand because you sit in the West Stand? Lol.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
How very dare you.

Where do you think all the audible tutting, groans and sighs come from?
They don't just happen on their own, you know.

Also we're the last stand to sing, the fact that we aren't 'shamed' into it, is very telling.

True, how dare I!!!

You heard the West Stand because you sit in the West Stand? Lol.

Yes, surprising that isn’t it... almost the same as people in the North Stand hearing the North Stand and then moaning they can’t hear anyone else...

Funny that... thing I’m trying to say is, everyone should stop ****ing moaning about the other stands singing, get over it, as long as people make noise, it doesn’t ****ing matter where it comes from!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

If you’re in H or I that guy was at the very front it was me :thumbsup: Just felt after this thread and the atmo not being up to usual high standards recently, yesterday needed something to get us going - so I tried :)

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
If you’re in H or I and that guy was at the very front it was me :thumbsup: Just felt after this thread and the atom not being up to usual standards yesterday needed something to get us going - so I tried :)

I’m in I, so yes it must’ve been you haha it worked in the most part, but nothing like it once we got the 2nd goal... I think it didn’t help we conceded and everyone thought it was going to be another loss/Draw... we need to be excited as well

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m in I, so yes it must’ve been you haha it worked in the most part, but nothing like it once we got the 2nd goal... I think it didn’t help we conceded and everyone thought it was going to be another loss/Draw... we need to be excited as well

I have a moment once or twice a season where I think ‘**** it’ and like to get everyone going. Was pretty good yesterday there must have been hundreds staring at me and everyone seemed to join in and get behind the lads. You get some that sit on NSC and moan and some that try to do something about it :)

Loved yesterday :clap2:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
That's not true.

The noise makers are still there, they just refuse to sing the same song, at the same time, at the same speed.

If they knew just how bad they make the North Stand sound, compared to the rare moments they actually take the roof off the fookin thing, they'd be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and vow never split again.

Those rare moments are great. I don't mind the sporadic nature of the chants, reminds me of the old NS, shambolic for most of the game with a few belters now and then, love it. We're not the Monteverdi Choir peeps.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
True, how dare I!!!

Yes, surprising that isn’t it... almost the same as people in the North Stand hearing the North Stand and then moaning they can’t hear anyone else...

Funny that... thing I’m trying to say is, everyone should stop ****ing moaning about the other stands singing, get over it, as long as people make noise, it doesn’t ****ing matter where it comes from!

But all you’re doing is moaning :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those rare moments are great. I don't mind the sporadic nature of the chants, reminds me of the old NS, shambolic for most of the game with a few belters now and then, love it. We're not the Monteverdi Choir peeps.

Deffo.

It's the disconnect between fact and fiction I'm challenging.

If the rival factions were here saying:-
'I pays my money, I turns up, I sign what I want, when I want to sign it, and have a great time'.
then there wouldn't be an issue.

But instead we get:-
'The North was great today a calderon on noise, shame about everyone else'.

I don't dispute the fact it was great in your side, or the other side, but when that isn't put together it's murder (on the ears).

Yet when it is put together the noise can almost be seen rolling across the West, down to the South West at which point even we put our knitting down and reluctantly think 'what the hell'. :albion:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here