Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are people who couldn't be arsed with the Palace game allowed to go to the Coventry one?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So on top of - 'couldn't be arsed', what were your other reasons?

Couldn't be arsed didn't come into it – as I wrote!

But since you asked:

My nan had just died, so – funnily enough – I had other things on my mind.
I had to work up to just before kick-off, at which point I took over from Mrs B, who had to work herself.
I had no spare money to fork out for tickets.
After the previous game with Palace where Jnr Bobkin was scared shitless by their 'fans', he was put off going to a match against them.
It was on TV.
I knew it would effectively be two second-string teams.
It was a Monday night, which meant that even IF the Jnrs wanted to go, they would've been knackered in the morning.

That alright with you? ???

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Couldn`t be arsed to go to Palace Game mainly because weekday evening .... Probably go to Coventry Game unless Monday evening and/or £25 plus !!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Couldn't be arsed didn't come into it – as I wrote!

But since you asked:

My nan had just died, so – funnily enough – I had other things on my mind.
I had to work up to just before kick-off, at which point I took over from Mrs B, who had to work herself.
I had no spare money to fork out for tickets.
After the previous game with Palace where Jnr Bobkin was scared shitless by their 'fans', he was put off going to a match against them.
It was on TV.
I knew it would effectively be two second-string teams.
It was a Monday night, which meant that even IF the Jnrs wanted to go, they would've been knackered in the morning.

That alright with you? ???

It read like that Ipswich banner. I'm not really bothered why you didn't go, I was just pulling your leg.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will be hacked off if TV take another weekend FA Cup tie away from us.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Only people who went to middlesboro should be allowed to go.

Which if they time it & price it wrong is what will happen

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
We should bar fans who did not go to Palace.

We should then in future bar all other fans who fail to attend any individual game and continue this progressively until we are left with only the 57 fans who attend every single game every year and both the club and Tony Bloom are insolvent.

Or I suppose we could encourage a little more tolerance and welcome everyone whenever they can make it to a game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One could ask, should those that went to Middlesbrough, regardless of being STH, bronze or whatever have priority for the Coventry tickets ?

Given it’s unlikely to sell out (or if it does it’ll be last minute), why would anyone need ‘priority’ anyway ?

kjgood

Again another boring thread for the benefit of those who;

Live really close to Falmer and can get there really easily
Dont have to work any more or;
Dont work shifts or travel for business
Can afford to go every game
Possibly have no life outside football
Dont want to subject their children or spouse to the sillyness surrounding the Palace game
Dont have to use the train to get there and more importantly home
Are never ill or have family members that are ill
Never go on holiday or away for a weekend when the football season is on
Want to claim they are the best fans ever (For this season only)
Like to tell other supporters they are not worthy based on their own priorities
Need to get a life

Think that covers it for me

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A
We should bar fans who did not go to Palace.

We should then in future bar all other fans who fail to attend any individual game and continue this progressively until we are left with only the 57 fans who attend every single game every year and both the club and Tony Bloom are insolvent.

Or I suppose we could encourage a little more tolerance and welcome everyone whenever they can make it to a game.

You were doing so well until your last paragraph.
Burn (sorry....Ban) ‘em !!!! Ban ‘em all !!!!!!

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Yawn yawn - boring as per usual . get a life Bozza .

The ultimate concusion of this kind of attitude is that only the die hards are ever be allowed to go , occasionals and "JCL 's " should be banned and eventually it would just be you and your sad mates left in your wheelchair being drip fed lager until the club went under .
The club relies on occasionals turning up and why should n't they ? They don't even have to support Brighton in my book . A love of football is good enough for me . Everyone once went to their first game and everyone should be welcomed to the Amex whether they come once , twice or twenty times a season . We need new fans as well as established ones . everyone should be welcomed with open arms and if they'd rather sip a Malbec on a Monday evening instead of going to the Amex again then that's their choice and nothing to do with you or anyone else ..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yawn yawn - boring as per usual . get a life Bozza .

The ultimate concusion of this kind of attitude is that only the die hards are ever be allowed to go , occasionals and "JCL 's " should be banned and eventually it would just be you and your sad mates left in your wheelchair being drip fed lager until the club went under .
The club relies on occasionals turning up and why should n't they ? They don't even have to support Brighton in my book . A love of football is good enough for me . Everyone once went to their first game and everyone should be welcomed to the Amex whether they come once , twice or twenty times a season . We need new fans as well as established ones . everyone should be welcomed with open arms and if they'd rather sip a Malbec on a Monday evening instead of going to the Amex again then that's their choice and nothing to do with you or anyone else ..

I reckon you missed the bit where I couldn't be arsed to go to the Palace third round.

Thanks anyway though.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Live really close to Falmer and can get there really easily
Dont have to work any more or;
Dont work shifts or travel for business
Can afford to go every game
Possibly have no life outside football
Dont want to subject their children or spouse to the sillyness surrounding the Palace game
Dont have to use the train to get there and more importantly home
Are never ill or have family members that are ill
Never go on holiday or away for a weekend when the football season is on
Want to claim they are the best fans ever (For this season only)
Like to tell other supporters they are not worthy based on their own priorities
Need to get a life

Think that covers it for me

Though Bozza was being tongue in cheek with this thread I think, I like this post. I'd also add that I think life-long fans who can't get to most of the games (like myself, my dad etc) actually moan a lot less about the team, performances etc. and have a more positive perspective on the club as a whole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here