Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Worrall £10million

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
If Dunk go's to Liverpool or City he will get picked by England.If he stays at Brighton he never will.
I don't think he will. This was discussed before, and there are several English centre backs in front of him.

I like Dunk, and think he's a good player. But to play for Liverpool, and definitely City, he would need to be in the top 10-15 centre backs in the world. Even the most loyal Albion fan can't say he is that.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I don't think he will. This was discussed before, and there are several English centre backs in front of him.

I like Dunk, and think he's a good player. But to play for Liverpool, and definitely City, he would need to be in the top 10-15 centre backs in the world. Even the most loyal Albion fan can't say he is that.

You'd be hard pressed to argue that Dunk is not better than Klavan or the Lovren of the last two seasons.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Would you say Stones, Evans and Mcguire are? the latter two linked this transfer window with City.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
It wasn't used correctly. It is about the theory and application of education (and upbringing, so nurturing) of people, mostly of children and young people

I used it with regards to signing a young centre back to potentially being a Dunk replacement, thus I would argue it was used correctly

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You'd be hard pressed to argue that Dunk is not better than Klavan or the Lovren of the last two seasons.
He's better than them, as the reason Liverpool don't win things is their defence. But Liverpool need to be signing world class players, if they want to be consistently challenging for the PL and CL.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

Was John Stones in the top 10-15 Centre backs in the world when City signed him then?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Would you say Stones, Evans and Mcguire are? the latter two linked this transfer window with City.
MC can pretty much sign who they want. Stones is better than Dunk, and probably Evans too. Dunk is a PL player, but just don't think he's City's level.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Was John Stones in the top 10-15 Centre backs in the world when City signed him then?
No, but he was a lot younger than Dunk, and had been playing at the top level for a while already.

Don't get me wrong, LD is probably our best player, but not someone that would interest a really top club, in my opinion.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
No, but he was a lot younger than Dunk, and had been playing at the top level for a while already.

Don't get me wrong, LD is probably our best player, but not someone that would interest a really top club, in my opinion.

I think you're forgetting about the importance on having home-grown players in your 25, especially in Europe. I personally don't think he's as good as Stones but actually, he is far better than many English CBs in the top 6. (Holding, Chambers, Jones etc.) If he went to Arsenal or Liverpool, you would presume he wouldn't be first choice, but he'd certainly get games as a third-choice.

I think you're forgetting about the importance on having home-grown players in your 25, especially in Europe. I personally don't think he's as good as Stones but actually, he is far better than many English CBs in the top 6. (Holding, Chambers, Jones etc.) If he went to Arsenal or Liverpool, you would presume he wouldn't be first choice, but he'd certainly get games as a third-choice.

Being third choice at a top club wouldn't get Dunk picked for England; he needs to be playing regularly so with a top club he'd be waiting for a suspension or injury and then he may not get more than a game or two. If he was a forward he would get a chance as third choice and come on as sub and score a hatrick which keeps him in the team. But CB's don't get subbed very often.

He's actually better off with us than as third choice in Man City or someone, not only does he play regularly but he's up against top class forwards. He'd be up against top claSs forwards as well with one of the top clubs but he'd also be better protected by other players than he would with us.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Yes, I wasn't considering that. Good point.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hughton has said Goldson will only go on loan if they get a replacement for him and the dilemma is they want a good player (obviously) that will accept not having a lot of game time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here