Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What can be done to make midweek games at The Amex less of a pain in the arse?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
As far as tomorrow goes, the club could have let it be known that we would put out a full strength squad and would be going all-out to beat Palace. Charging £25 and making it clear that the club aren't bothered effectively says "don't bother, we aren't"

On a related point, are there really grown up people who would't bother because they have to get up early ? Surely one late(ish) night won't kill them, will it ?
We hardly need extra games if we intend to remain in the current league,our players have endured so many games already so let Palace take on the additional cup games

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We hardly need extra games if we intend to remain in the current league,our players have endured so many games already so let Palace take on the additional cup games

I would agree and rest the ones most vulnerable like Stephens and Propper for who we have no adequate replacements at the moment. Rosenior could take one of their positions and Kayal the other

el punal

For me personally go back to the Wednesday afternoon kick offs when it was half day closing in the shops. Wouldnt be very popular with most other people though.

Probably cant be done but run a train every 15 minuites Brighton>Falmer>Lewes>Falmer>Brighjton from 9.45 for `1 hour.to clear the crowds. also Buses Falmer to The Old Steine non stop then back again for the same period of time. Once in the town travel home is easier.

Oh, and have bread and dripping on special offer in the concourses.

el punal

I think that the club have done all they can to make it a painless arse situation. It's the outside organisations that don't - mainly transport. I've given up on using the gigantic clusterf*** that is Southern for evening games. I now use the P&R from Mithras House, at least then I know I can rely on getting to the game on time and be safe in the knowledge that I am able to get home. Yes, it's a pain driving to/from Southampton for night games but at least for Saturday matches the train fits the bill - if it's running.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why not go to Village Way and catch a 25?

I used to always do that but found that they were either full when they got to the away end stop or the club had stopped them uisng that stop after games for about 2 hours so started using the stop by the station. I have considered using the P & R bus to Mithras House and then changing to a service bus into town there but as yet havent done so. May do that on Monday if the trains are up the creek to Lewes.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As fantastic as our stadium is, the ticket sales for Monday just go to show how inconvenient it is getting to (and in particular) from the Amex for evening fixtures.

I know there are other factors too for this game but the general feeling is that a Monday night is an absolute ballache. Transitionally there are lots of empty seats at night games, and not just kids ones either.

Is there anything the club can/should be doing to improve things?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Move the Amex to central Hove somewhere?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I read these threads with surprise since I have absolutely no trouble at all getting to and from the ground from South London.

I joined Mid Sussex Seagulls. probably the best decision I made travel wise. Withdean was brilliant for me when it worked but those bus replacements did it for me.

I simply get off at Haywards Heath (from Clapham Junction) and get their coach in and out. On the way back the coach drops me at Haywards Heath station.

Occasionally I go my own way down, my preferred route being change at Lewes.

With 3 o'clock kick offs I'm home at 7 on the dot. Midweek it's midnight.

The Amex (and Mid Sussex Seagulls) have added about 45 mins compared to Withdean, but I'm quite happy to pay the extra few quid year so I don't get soaked and cold.

Their service runs like a dream.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
As I have said I cannnor see why Brighton & Hove Buses cannor run any spare buses in the garage to Falmer and go around the roundabout back on the A270 stopping at Falmer Station /Univerfsity then Old Steine, After the Bournemouth game we had a 45 minute wait as a 28 or 29 when approaching Falmer Station?university stop saw the crowd and displayed the Not In Serevice sign and drove straight on without stopping.. Being a Sunday service it meant a very long wait. which could so easily have been avoided for many.

This has nothing to do with being adults if the transport isnt available you cant use it. The quicker they can clear The Amex crowd and traffic the quicker the traffic returns to normal.

Its always the people who live the closest that moan the most.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The club to buy the nearby fields and make more car parking available or build a multistory one instead of a hotel.

As I was pondering whilst waiting for a park 'n' ride bus to squeeze out before the next could be loaded (how inefficient is that?)... a coach/bus park on the other side of Village Way would help.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I was pondering whilst waiting for a park 'n' ride bus to squeeze out before the next could be loaded (how inefficient is that?)... a coach/bus park on the other side of Village Way would help.
Roughly what time was this:-

10 minutes after the final whistle?

Pondering time, a further 10 minutes?

On the A27 easily within 30 minutes of the final whistle?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Roughly what time was this:-

10 minutes after the final whistle?

Pondering time, a further 10 minutes?

On the A27 easily within 30 minutes of the final whistle?

30min (or more) standing in the elements with an 8-year-old is not ideal (before a 80min drive home). Especially so when empty buses are waiting but can't be loaded until the front one has exited. Would be much better if they were lined up side-by-side and loaded instantly.

Seen quite a lot of queue-jumping recently too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here