Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XI: Nominations

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Honey Badger of course!

Remember that video where the little ****er takes on snakes, takes a bite, passes out, then carries on ripping the head off a cobra!!!

Double hard mental *******
Seconded (just in case no one else does) #teambadgerforlife

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I nominate the Turritopsis Dohrnii, also known as the immortal jellyfish. It may not be hard in the typical sense but it can defend itself. It isn't preyed on by any other creature and it can defy death and live forever.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Grasshopper Mouse.

Always makes the knockout stages but I hear he's been doing a bit of altitude training and conditioning to get him in the best possible shape for this year's competition. He's also been doing some mental training exercises to focus his mind and ensure he doesn't crumble at the business end of the competition.
Seconded

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Only on the outside but always at the front of the dictionary... The Aardvark!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Must admit I am struggling to quite muster the same enthusiasm. When the people's champion finally took what was rightfully his last year, a life dream was achieved for me. I'm not quite sure what is meant to come next.

I'll second the horse.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would like to nominate the Bobbit Worm.
Eunice aphroditois (colloquially known as the Bobbit(t) worm or sand striker) is an aquatic predatory polychaete worm dwelling at the ocean floor. An ambush predator, the animal buries its long body into an ocean bed composed of gravel, mud, or corals, where it waits for a stimulus to one of its five antennae, attacking when it senses prey. Armed with sharp teeth, it is known to attack with such speed and ferocity that its prey is sometimes sliced in half.

seconded: https://www.planetseafishing.com/watch-dont-mess-with-the-bobbit-worm/

Oct 25, 2003
great stuff

I feel that the extra Premier League era nsc will give the competition extra exposure

"It's Round 1, Group A of the 2018 Worlds Hardest Creature competition, and it's live and exclusive- ON SKY SPORTS WHC"

Chris Packham, Stephen Fry and Steve Backshall in the studio discussing how disappointed they are in the performance of the Wolverine

Oct 25, 2003
some old VETERANS that I feel deserve a place- if only for NOSTALGIA:

-Mantis Shrimp
-Wolverine
-Tasmanian Devil
-Black Mamba
-Bull Shark
-Grasshopper Mouse
-Jaguar

not sure how many I'm allowed to nominate so apologies if I've broken any WHC rules

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Given the CARNAGE he has already inflicted amongst our Primulas despite my Carpet Bombing him with supposedly lethaI Blue Pellets I nominate the West Sussex Slug. :(

A local boy but clearly punching above his weight...

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
I proudly nominate the Red-crested Hawaiian Honeycreeper.

Hawaiian honeycreepers are small, passerine birds endemic to Hawaii. Wikepedia reports: "Their great morphological diversity is the result of adaptive radiation in an insular environment."

Peeps, listen up, they are endangered AND have suffered adaptive radiation YET are still here, the double-hard chirpy f****rs.

And plus they RAVAGE our local dangerous INSECTS such as mosquitos, cockroaches, flies, and, well, ants. They are truly scarey, no Hawaiian insect is safe from their pointy curved beaks. Did I mention, adaptive RADIATION?
:wozza:

Check this bad boy out: http://insider.si.edu/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/6258178211_f0f4d3becf_o.jpg

Any creature listed as endangered is clearly disqualified.

No endangered creature is gonna drink ten pints then beat the tripes out of a lion in the carpark afterward and go home with the lioness!

My vote goes to the crocodile. Grows to 8 metres, over a tonne of sharp toothed nastiness, calmly walks the streets of Toxteth day or night.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The Moray Eel is pretty tough.
It even secrets poison from it's skin, so you can get infected even if you attack it unsuccessfully.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Honey Badger of course!

Remember that video where the little ****er takes on snakes, takes a bite, passes out, then carries on ripping the head off a cobra!!!

Double hard mental *******

Seconded (just in case no one else does) #teambadgerforlife

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It is rumored that the Honey Badger won't be taking part this year as it has been invited to compete in the World Champions' WHC in Brazil. The Honey Badger, a previous winner and always a strong contender is the animal that fans of "lesser" animals want to play. This could be the death of this competition in this country. Only time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here