Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Death in Paradise, new series.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
Joséphine Jobert aside, the highlight for me is always the bit at the end where they round up all the suspects and do a Scooby Doo style explanation of what happened.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

I'll see your Camille and raise you Florence
149sift.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I like it. It is easy watching and good escapism. Whilst it is clearly no Line of Duty, it knows that and doesn't take itself too seriously. Reminds me of daytime murder mysteries I used to enjoy like Murder She Wrote and Diagnosis Murder etc.

Always enjoy the bit where they find the body, someone turns round and dramatically says he/she is dead and then the upbeat Carribean theme tune kicks in. On a miserable January night it is light entertainment.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Joséphine Jobert aside, the highlight for me is always the bit at the end where they round up all the suspects and do a Scooby Doo style explanation of what happened.

Yes - its wonderfully formulaic - the detective's sudden vision, based on some random thing said by somebody, the explanation of the crime and then the way they invariably confess or breakdown in tears, ending it all nice and tidily.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So now we have Ardal O'Hanlon taking over the reins permanently as the main investigator in this long running series. Is it just me that is thinking " Ted, Ted ! there's an awful lot of dead people out here ?"

Nope, not just you! The marvellous Ardal O'hanlon also played Thermoman in the much underrated BBC sitcom My Hero as well. Saw last nights episode of Death in Paradise, and really looking forward to seeing Ardal get to grips with the role in the remainder of the series.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So now we have Ardal O'Hanlon taking over the reins permanently as the main investigator in this long running series. Is it just me that is thinking " Ted, Ted ! there's an awful lot of dead people out here ?"

No...it definitely isn't just you. Like both him as a comic/comic actor, and this programme in a sort of falling-asleep type way, but the two together didn't work for me. He seems to be trying to perform some kind of neutered stand-up routine with the script.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It ranked as the third-highest rated UK drama of 2015 and the fourth widest-selling British export around the world; having been bought in 237 territories.

Whilst there is obviously a murder in each episode, there is never any blood.

Ben Miller and Sara Martins were my favourites. Didn't watch Kris Marshall so much.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
From one paradise to another... :lolol:

Left, left, right, left at the roundabout.

Never got into this until Chris Marshall started. Easy watch, unlike some of the more recent dross on the tv that, however hard I try, I get lost after 5 minutes, partly due to dark image, partly due to the sound, and mostly due to the complicated plot.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
This is harmless lighthearted “murder drama”. It is not Jo Nesbo. It passes an hour without the needless stress of thinking. None of the actors/ actresses will win an award for it. So what. It has nice scenery, more or less the same plot every week, and the end is about the right distance from the beginning.

Enjoy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"So tell me... why are the monkeys so small?"
"They aren't small Detective Inspector, they're a long way away."

They should get Baldrick in the next series counting beans.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just watched the latest episode.

Noticed a certain @RalphBrown in the cast this week

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Levi Roots is in the last show of the series, goes he will have some Reggae Reggae sauce to hand

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Never watched this nonsense (apart from S03E07 "The Man with the Golden Gun") but The BBC has confirmed a Death In Paradise spin-off series, Beyond Paradise, which reveals what happened to DI Humphrey Goodman after he left the Caribbean island of Saint Marie.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Never watched this nonsense (apart from S03E07 "The Man with the Golden Gun") but The BBC has confirmed a Death In Paradise spin-off series, Beyond Paradise, which reveals what happened to DI Humphrey Goodman after he left the Caribbean island of Saint Marie.

I wonder how successful that will be given the main attraction of the original series is the exotic escapist nature of the location.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here