Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southampton v Palace - what do we want?

What result do you want tonight?

• Southampton win

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 89 67.4%
  • Palace Win

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1) So the fact that Southampton have sold their best player makes them more likely to finish above us?
He said they had more money to spend, which is a fair point.
Odds on relegation:
Palace 4:1
SCC 10:1

So what's your point?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He said they had more money to spend, which is a fair point.
Odds on relegation:
Palace 4:1
SCC 10:1

So what's your point?
My point is a simple one, and I've made it several times. You only have to read the thread.

But in case you still can't grasp it; after half a season Southampton and Palace are more or less level just behind us, yet both are likely to finish above us. With that in mind, the only on-field thing that has changed since then is that Southampton have swapped their best player for lots of money. Sure, they'll strengthen their newly weakened squad, but will they improve it to the level it was before VVD left (when they accumulated just 1 point more than Palace)? I don't see it, personally.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A draw all day long

Soton form is weak, but they have £75m to spend from VVD sale.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The 3 that will go down are the 3 that pick up critical injuries imo. Other than that I beleive we are better than both those teams so it doesn't matter, we are above them now and will be in May. Gone for draw, stains top scorer is out for 3 games and Pakace are as shit as theyve been all season but are playing like desperados.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The 3 that will go down are the 3 that pick up critical injuries imo. Other than that I beleive we are better than both those teams so it doesn't matter, we are above them now and will be in May. Gone for draw, stains top scorer is out for 3 games and Pakace are as shit as theyve been all season but are playing like desperados.

👍👍👍

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
It's a no-brainer. Palace loss and heavily with a bit of luck. Zaha sent off with 2 yellows for diving.:whistle:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Would it be too much to ask that the full squads of both clubs contract a long lasting and debilitating form of amoebic dysentery for the rest of the season?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Other than irrational dislike of Palace, I cannot understand the 30% of voters who go for anything other than a draw. This sort of poll might make sense with a few games to go but until then, a draw means a point goes begging so it must be the preferred option when Watford down plays Watford down.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Southampton 1 - 0 P*****

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can't see Palace being involved in the relegation scrap, but I could see that Southampton might (note: not will).

As such, logic suggests I should want a Palace win, but as I could never, ever, ever, ever wish for that I'm going for the draw.

Yup. Exactly how I feel. I couldn't ever wish for a Palace win even if they played Man U.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cottee reporting for Sky saying that Zaha going to ground too easily but Attwell wise to it.

Well book the horrible little cheat then.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Other games going as I would like now - would sort of like a Palace equaliser (much as it pains me to say so)

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
D-Day (well, D-20 minutes or so) for Pellegrino? Their lot aren't his biggest enthusiasts as is but rumblings of discontent spewing on social media, they're touting this as a must win

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope Southampton play like this on the 31st. They are dire.

Long is ok though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here