Hove
I think we're about to change gear,

Watford, 2-1, 3 points
Toon, 0-0, 1 point
Chelsea, 0-1, 3 points
B'muff, 0-2, 3 points

10 points.

2 pints of what Biscuit is drinking please barman*. :thumbsup: :drink:

*I think you're right, but not allowing myself to contemplate anymore than avoiding defeat on Saturday...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Watford, 2-1, 3 points
Toon, 0-0, 1 point
Chelsea, 0-1, 3 points
B'muff, 0-2, 3 points

10 points.

:mad: That wouldn't be changing gear. That would be changing the space time continuum.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There are 20 games left. If we win 4 more games, it is likely 8 draws will be enough. A draw at Newcastle would be a great result in our position, especially away from home against a team below us.

I've actually got us for 4 wins and 8 draws in my predictor. But a few of those draws are a bit dodgy - Saints (A) Palarse (A) Burnley (A) Leics (H) and no margin for error anywhere. So I'd like to get a 5th win somewhere and Newcastle away on current form and just before the window opens looks as good an opportunity as any ... but I won't be putting money on it!

TBF I think we might need 6 wins but 4 wins and 8 draws was easier!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Watford, 2-1, 3 points
Toon, 0-0, 1 point
Chelsea, 0-1, 3 points
B'muff, 0-2, 3 points

10 points.

Whatever you're on, can I have some?:lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
13pts or Houghton has to go.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
six points

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need to at least get a point per game. Five points would be OK, six or more would be excellent.

What will we get? I haven't a clue!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with this. Looking back over the last 10 seasons, to finish 1 point above 18th place required 37, 35, 31, 40, 37, 37, 34, 36, 38, 35 = an average of 36 points. For this season, if we assume a safety cushion on recent history of a couple of points and hence a safety target of 38 points that means we need another 20 points from 20 games. Our run-in is brutal; Palace (A), Spurs (H), Burnley (A), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A) – probably 2-3 points max from that lot. So, we probably need 17/18 points from our next 15 games to be safe (or 19/20 points if we assume a 0-1 point return from the run-in), which is above our current rate of 18 points from 18 games. The next four games (5-7 points would be brilliant) and Jan/Feb will be crucial. A good run of results over Xmas should ease our nerves! As always with the Albion, it’ll probably go down to the last game of the season – we wouldn’t have it any other way! All-in-all, we’re doing well versus pre-season expectations and if we can have a good Xmas/New Year run that will represent a huge step towards staying up come May.

Go along with most of this, although I'm still of the view that 38 will be more than enough for survival and, if this is the case, we can set our sights slightly lower.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Watford - Draw (one of the better non-Big Six Prem sides thus far, but are going through a run of poor form and have many of their key players - Deeney, Doucoure, Hughes et al - either injured or suspended).
N'castle - Win (never going to be easy at St James's Park, but the Magpies will be under even more pressure to perform than us, home crowd might quickly turn on their own players if things don't go their way, could play into our own hands).
Chelsea - Loss (no explanation needed).
B'muff - Win (Similarly to Watford, are enduring poor form and mounting injury problems - with Josh King, Charlie Daniels, Harry Arter and Defoe all below peak fitness at the moment - but unlike the Hornets, lack strength in depth. Can't help feeling that games like these are the kind we need to win in order to stay up this season).
Total: 7 points, 6 would be okay though

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
4 points so far.

Bournemouth game is massive for us - we really need a win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here