Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ze Luis - offer rejected

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
According to Russian website Sovsport.ru, Spartak Moscow are considering signing Torino forward Mbaye Niang as a replacement for Ze Luis, recently linked with a January move to Brighton and Hove Albion.
Sovsport.ru have once again confirmed Spartak Moscow have received an offer from Brighton for Ze Luis, and they are now looking for potential replacements if the Cape Verde international joins the Premier League side, which is where the French forward comes in.
If the Russian side do bring in Niang, they may allow the 26-year-old to leave in the next window, despite the Moscow club fighting for the league title.
Brighton’s interest in Ze Luis does look legitimate following these latest reports, and it seems he could be an option Chris Houghton in the new year.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-looking-bringing-replacement-forward-following-recent-brighton-offer/

:laugh:

LARGO

Sep 1, 2017
Brighton
Theo Walcott

HEAR HEAR!!
Now that would make a difference!!, and play him up front and centre, where he has always wanted to be, a great player that is underused by Arsenal!

I dont think that Arsen likes him very much, a previous spat methinks.

Quote-- Hughton. "He's not our player, probably one of 100 names thrown in who I would want if I could."

We would make do with one good one, or two at a pinch, as soon as we start scoring again, light the blue [and white] touchpaper!!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
None of us can know what the club is planning. However a few things are different than the summer

1. The pressure to sign a striker this time has certainly increased. It was noticeable that everyone at the club admitted to disappointment in August. The fans were certainly very disappointed.

2. Both Murray and Hemed have done ok - perhaps better than I thought they would. However recently the lack of goals has begun to hurt us.

3. We have a run of games against the bottom clubs coming up before the end february. If a new striker is to make a difference then they need to hit the ground running. We can’t afford someone taking 6 or 8 games to settle.

All of this means that the type of striker we look at may have changed xonsiderably since the summer, We may now need someone with premier league or at least UK football experience who is match fit and absolutely ready to play. This might suit a loan. If the striker would be expected to take time to settle and adapt, then perhaps the club might choose to wait until the summer?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about signing Mitrovic from Newcastle would that be a reasonable idea or can we get better cheaper. from Eastern Europe. We need to unearth the next Berbatov.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What about signing Mitrovic from Newcastle would that be a reasonable idea or can we get better cheaper. from Eastern Europe. We need to unearth the next Berbatov.

I don’t think that is the worst call. Just some mobility and pace would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

If he was that good he would be playing for a struggling Newcastle and he couldn't hold down a regular slot in their Championship side..add to that his suspect temperament ....its a no from me

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If he was that good he would be playing for a struggling Newcastle and he couldn't hold down a regular slot in their Championship side..add to that his suspect temperament ....its a no from me

Quite agree as his goal scoring record when he does get on is very poor
We need someone who is up to speed and playing regularly at a decent level
( Which is a hard ask)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Maybe we should stick Izquierdo in the middle. We could have our own version of Walcott
I thought this a possibility.There is no doubting he is quick and could pull the defence around a bit. He cost 13.5 million so he must have something?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We need to unearth the next Berbatov.

Though I agree with the sentiment; I would hate to imagine what these boards would be like if we did. Berbatov was never one for running, tracking back or helping out with any defensive work at set pieces (even the most ardent of Spurs fans would call him lazy).Genuinely the complete opposite of what Hughton goes for.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
For home games or games where we need to attack, play Izquierdo just behind Murray with March and Knockaert on the wings. Alternate Gross Stephens and Propper in the middle depending on the state of the game.

Stumpy Tim

For home games or games where we need to attack, play Izquierdo just behind Murray with March and Knockaert on the wings. Alternate Gross Stephens and Propper in the middle depending on the state of the game.

So put Izquierdo in the middle where he doesn't have any space to use his pace, and then don't play Gross - who has more assists than any other player and is probably our player of the season. Rightio

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
None of us can know what the club is planning. However a few things are different than the summer

1. The pressure to sign a striker this time has certainly increased. It was noticeable that everyone at the club admitted to disappointment in August. The fans were certainly very disappointed.

2. Both Murray and Hemed have done ok - perhaps better than I thought they would. However recently the lack of goals has begun to hurt us.

3. We have a run of games against the bottom clubs coming up before the end february. If a new striker is to make a difference then they need to hit the ground running. We can’t afford someone taking 6 or 8 games to settle.

All of this means that the type of striker we look at may have changed xonsiderably since the summer, We may now need someone with premier league or at least UK football experience who is match fit and absolutely ready to play. This might suit a loan. If the striker would be expected to take time to settle and adapt, then perhaps the club might choose to wait until the summer?
Ings then.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
There seems to be 5 or 6 main targets.
Can’t see us in any shape or form going for a loanee so no to Danny Ings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here