Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Indeed. I contacted my group this afternoon asking if anyone fancied going now, but none do. So I'm not either.

I did a rallying call of the troops on Friday and none are going, so neither am I, quite disappointed to be fair.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Like an eejet I bought tickets very quickly because it's the scummers and I thought I'd lose my seat if I dallied. Now wished i'd waited and used the cup to try out new seats again (one of the joys of a smaller crowd). Saddened by the lack of interest but not surprised due to all the "new" found fans just not getting it. However, I really don't care and I'm hopeful the atmosphere will still be good with those going really wanting the win. I'm still hoping to buy party poppers to let off in reply to the Palace Ultras and their big bang flares, if they dare.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
:facepalm: will we be seeing you at WBA?

No, can't afford it after going to 6 away games already this season and have the small matter of a meaningless reserve game tomorrow.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
No, again, even though mid-week matches are inconvenient for me, I went to Stoke because I'd already paid for it.

Albion v Stoke in the PL is more important to me than Albion v Palace in the FA Cup.

(West Brom away is more important too. And I'm going to that.)

So what other games wouldn't you go to if you hadn't already paid for it?

Fair enough if you don't care about the rivalry. Seems to be a trend.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Palace have either not sold out their 2,000 tickets or have only just managed to do so today. They had to keep adding new phases with fewer loyalty points because those stated when tickets first went on sale didn't buy all the tickets. When the ticketing details were announced, they were in uproar as they could easily fill the 4,500 tickets they were due under Cup rules.

So, pathetic or otherwise, Palace fans seem to feel pretty much the same about this one: some can be arsed, many can't.

I've no idea. I'll judge each game on merit. I was one of the few who bought a ticket AND went to Bournemouth away in the League Cup - that one appealed. Arsenal at home in the Cup a few years ago didn't appeal so I didn't go. I have no idea what the magic ingredient is that makes me want to go or not but some games have it and some don't. Often the midweek games in obscure Northern places are the ones I will bother with - Rotherham away last season for example.

I'm almost tempted to go tomorrow night. Not to watch the game but to give a hug to all those feeling embarrassed about it all, poor lambs.

23,000 had "free" tickets. And the league is more important.

I'm not being rude - I'm very much live and let live. But I don't care what other fans think about Albion fans. If nothing else, experience suggests there's absolutely nothing I can do to change their views.

So how many PL games do you think people would turn up for if they hadn't already paid for it?

I guess the 5,000 that bought tickets for the Stoke game are all coming to the Palace game then, leaving only 7,000 STH's going.

Looked on the BBS earlier and they said they had less than 20 to sell and it isn't on general sale.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry state of affairs when people are only interested in the Premier League and see our presence in it as the be all and end all. That applies to the club as well as fans. I appreciate from TB's perspective that being in the PL is the only way he'll have a chance of seeing some of his millions back but not sure I'm going to really enjoy the next ten years of relegation battles!!!

We are slowly turning into the money grabbing scum that for years through our struggles we used to look down our noses at from our lofty tower of integrity.

Had to happen I suppose.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So what other games wouldn't you go to if you hadn't already paid for it?

I wouldn't go on ANY home cup game on a Monday, if that's what you're getting that.

Fair enough if you don't care about the rivalry. Seems to be a trend.

As I said elsewhere, I think the rivalry is strong enough to endure my non-attendance.

First 'derby' I've missed for at least 15 years, btw. *doffs cap*

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
You can't buy a guest ticket if they haven't been before so it would have to be bought in the STHs name so we gave up,

I bought two tickets on one account.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Hope they announce on Tuesday that a million loyalty points have been added to everyone who attended the Palace game, therefore all of these fans have first dibs on all remaining fixtures.

Won't happen, obviously, but I wonder how many more would go if there was more loyalty points?

You shouldn't need points to be loyal.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That was lower league against prem opponents. This is 2 established prem teams both with reserve line ups.

We are not an established PL team and we won't be using our reserves. Do you think Hemed and Kayal are reserves?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I wouldn't go on ANY home cup game on a Monday, if that's what you're getting that.

As I said elsewhere, I think the rivalry is strong enough to endure my non-attendance.

First 'derby' I've missed for at least 15 years, btw. *doffs cap*

No, it wasn't what I was getting at.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Hope they announce on Tuesday that a million loyalty points have been added to everyone who attended the Palace game, therefore all of these fans have first dibs on all remaining fixtures.

Won't happen, obviously, but I wonder how many more would go if there was more loyalty points?

You shouldn't need points to be loyal.

You shouldn't need to be bribed to go to an FA Cup game against your arch rivals, no matter what day it's on.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Yes, they are, in that as a matter of course they wouldn't make Chris Hughton's first choice starting XI.

So suddenly you wouldn't want to watch the players that got us to the PL in the first place?

What do you think the team will be?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So suddenly you wouldn't want to watch the players that got us to the PL in the first place?

What do you think the team will be?

No, I want to watch a game where both clubs and managers were trying their damnedest to win, and selected their full strength side to try and do just that. That would be treating the rivalry with the reverence it deserves. It would mean winning (and losing for that matter) counted for something.

As it is, for me at least, it doesn't at all. Losers to winners tomorrow night: "You beat our reserves - so what? See you in April."

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
No, I want to watch a game where both clubs and managers were trying their damnedest to win, and selected their full strength side to try and do just that. That would be treating the rivalry with the reverence it deserves. It would mean winning (and losing for that matter) counted for something.

As it is, for me at least, it doesn't at all. Losers to winners tomorrow night: "You beat our reserves - so what? See you in April."

All goes out of the window for me because it's Palace. If they win don't they make the head to head even? Or will be one behind, something like that.

At the end of the day, we don't know what the team will be or how much the players will want to win it. But the fans there will want to win it just the same as ever, although it might not feel like that now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here