Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Isn't it the case that union is the original posh, hoity-toity version of the game favoured by the middle classes of the home counties. Then rugby league is preferred by the whippet-racing folk in the northern heartlands?

Try telling that to the working class of Bristol, the West Country, Gloustershire etc. who love their rugby union.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
This is not party specific , it's across the political board.

Yes I know but Ernest has turned it political. I'm quite aware it's across the board but certain persuasions are happy enough to make it political when it suits. In that case I'm happy to point out to them that there political choice isn't squeaky clean.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes I know but Ernest has turned it political. I'm quite aware it's across the board but certain persuasions are happy enough to make it political when it suits. In that case I'm happy to point out to them that there political choice isn't squeaky clean.

indeed.... starting with the original thread title.

CORBYN PROMOTED HOPKINS AFTER SEXUAL HARASSMENT COMPLAINTS

December 2015: 24 year old Ava Etemadzadeh contacts the Labour whips office to make sexual harassment allegations against Kelvin Hopkins.

January 2016: Jeremy Corbyn’s office receives a written complaint from a regional Labour representative detailing the allegations against Hopkins.

June 2016: Corbyn promotes Kelvin Hopkins to the Shadow Cabinet.

November 2017: Labour suspends Hopkins.

This looks pretty bad for Labour and Jez…

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/03/priti-patel-held-undisclosed-meetings-israel

The international development secretary, Priti Patel, held undisclosed meetings in Israel without telling the Foreign Office while accompanied by an influential pro-Israeli Conservative lobbyist, it has been reported.

Patel met Yair Lapid, the leader of one of Israel’s main political parties, and made visits to several organisations where official departmental business was reportedly discussed, the BBC said.

She was accompanied by Lord Polak, honorary president of Conservative Friends of Israel (CFI), an influential lobbying organisation, during the visit in August.

A Whitehall source told the Guardian Patel was in Israel on a private holiday, which she paid for, and while she was there she took the opportunity to meet ministers.

However, ministers are by convention supposed to tell the Foreign Office when they are conducting official business overseas.

Will she survive that?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
indeed.... starting with the original thread title.

CORBYN PROMOTED HOPKINS AFTER SEXUAL HARASSMENT COMPLAINTS

December 2015: 24 year old Ava Etemadzadeh contacts the Labour whips office to make sexual harassment allegations against Kelvin Hopkins.

January 2016: Jeremy Corbyn’s office receives a written complaint from a regional Labour representative detailing the allegations against Hopkins.

June 2016: Corbyn promotes Kelvin Hopkins to the Shadow Cabinet.

November 2017: Labour suspends Hopkins.

This looks pretty bad for Labour and Jez…

the part missing from that is that apparently the whips wouldn't follow up on the accusations. not sure if thats normal for other parties but i'm pretty sure its standard HR procedure in organisations to follow up all such matters.

what on earth has that got to do with this thread? and minister takes time out from holiday to meet foreign dignitaries is hardly a sacking offense.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
what on earth has that got to do with this thread? .

The possible disintegration of the Tory top brass.

However, ministers are by convention supposed to tell the Foreign Office when they are conducting official business overseas.

In the current climate that could be seen to be ever so slightly naughty, especially when travelling with lobbyists.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

If/when it turns out she didn't pay for it from her own purse, but was a jolly financed by a lobbying organisation, then she will surely be gone. Whichever, she has a lot of explaining to do as she has broken the ministerial code. Horrible obnoxious individual.

Of course, if she's claimed on Government expenses, then she will be hung up. She favours capital punishment after all. Nobody would be that stupid or naive to do that and think they could get away with it surely. Would they??

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Footage on the Beeb of Jezza refusing to answer reasonable questions about what and when he knew about Kelvin Hopkins... #awkward

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I couldn't really understand why Fallon quit but having now found out that he propositioned Andrea Leadsom it all seems clearer now, what an error of judgement !

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Now I see the Conservative and Unionist, as well as the notoriously useless and renowned Brexiteer International Development Secretary, aka Ms Priti Patel, was up to no good in Israel getting dodgy money for The Tories.

Sex, sex, sex, money, money, money - it's all they think about.

#Youcanttrustthetories

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I couldn't really understand why Fallon quit but having now found out that he propositioned Andrea Leadsom it all seems clearer now, what an error of judgement !

Reading between the lines he's a Jeckyll and Hyde- sober her's a very good politician, but drunk he's an embarrassing c*ck. Should have stayed off it Michael.

He is my MP, and I'm struggling to see how his standards were not good enough for him to continue to govern the armed forces, but were good enough for him to feel able to still represent his constituents! Arrogance I guess.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No,what you mean is any Labour supporting head burying,let's dismiss it and it will go away. What Guido Fawkes does is highlight what a bunch of lying hpocrites that bunch of shysters really are.

Absolutely this. Corbynistas don't like legitimate scrutiny of the messiah and his motley crew. Labour MP Jared O Mara allowed to carry on until Guido revealed all his offensive views. They dish it out but can't take it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Probably. Mind you Israel certainly has a vested interest keeping Real/continuity Labour out of power. Corbyn has time to speak at an event hosted by a group that was accused (by the Muslim Council of Britain) of organising boycotts of holocaust memorial day but won't turn up to a commemeration for the Balfour declaration or the Labour Friends of Israel gathering at the Labour conference.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope the papers find some more Remoaners to 'out'.Fallon and two Labour clowns already-keep up the good work.See Cor-Bin has been toadying up to islamic extremists again (MEND).

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Absolutely this. Corbynistas don't like legitimate scrutiny of the messiah and his motley crew. Labour MP Jared O Mara allowed to carry on until Guido revealed all his offensive views. They dish it out but can't take it.

Wasn't that long ago that Jezza sacked Sarah Champion from his shadow cabinet when she had the affront to speak out against the mass rape of children in her constituency .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here