Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bakery shops

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is that place meant to be good? I've heard others 'rave' about it, but my recent experiences of that place is that it's pretty, well, crap. A poor selection of dry and crusty breads. The lady working there didn't even know what sourdough bread was! Maybe it's just gone downhill recently. :shrug:

Isn't that queue for their hot cross buns? If it's not that it for something else they only do a few times a year as a special.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We both like fresh baked bread but it seems that many bakers are closing and it is only the supermarket bakerys that still do it.

Where can we biuy a loaf from a bakers within reasonable distance of Haywards Heath.

I assume as you like fresh baked bread you currently buy from the supermarkets.
Just carry on doing that if you don't have a local alternative.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Buy a bread maker, not only wonderful smells whilst baking but fresh bread and not full of additives etc, maybe an xmas gift idea for Mrs BG

Near HH?
Village Bakery, Newick.

Humphreys Bakery, Lindfield High Street

I would have thought that it was obvious to most that it was a typing error by me as on the QWERTY keyboard a is next s. Still theres a worry!

Thanks for the two suggestion of Lindfield and Newick we will give both a try. As regards baking our own we have a bread maker but it takes about 2 hours to do so no good when we get up for breakfast short of plugging it into a timer plug and pre-setting it. We also found that the bread was good for a few hours after which it went dry and was only suitable for either Bread Pudding or Bread & Butter Pudding as a dessert.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Buy a bread maker, not only wonderful smells whilst baking but fresh bread and not full of additives etc, maybe an xmas gift idea for Mrs BG

Or perhaps Mrs BG could purchase BG an Amazon Echo. At least it's designed to answer inane questions like this and we wouldn't have to put up with it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seriously, BG: how did you exist before the advent of the internet (and I appreciate even that foxes you considerably, given your apparent complete inability to Google anything)?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Pantry at South Farm Road in Worthing is brilliant. Polish chap owns it and makes a whole feast of bread, pies, quiche etc by hand every day.
There are a few smaller bakeries around for rolls and breads too which is handy.

I would have thought that it was obvious to most that it was a typing error by me as on the QWERTY keyboard a is next s. Still theres a worry!

Thanks for the two suggestion of Lindfield and Newick we will give both a try. As regards baking our own we have a bread maker but it takes about 2 hours to do so no good when we get up for breakfast short of plugging it into a timer plug and pre-setting it. We also found that the bread was good for a few hours after which it went dry and was only suitable for either Bread Pudding or Bread & Butter Pudding as a dessert.

:facepalm:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My breadmaker has a timer so wake up to freshly baked smells :p:love::drool:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can you let us know when your next bowel movement is BG

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or perhaps Mrs BG could purchase BG an Amazon Echo. At least it's designed to answer inane questions like this and we wouldn't have to put up with it.

There is a simple answer if you dont want to read it just ignore the thread. People who complain like you are as bad as those that complain about TV when all they have to do is switch it off.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There is a simple answer if you dont want to read it just ignore the thread. People who complain like you are as bad as those that complain about TV when all they have to do is switch it off.

uvou947.gif

This is not a criticism BG, more of a homage :bowdown:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Well you was up at 4-43 yesterday to post on here, that would of gave you plenty of time to give Mrs BG a fresh crusty slice with her morning cuppa.:)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hmmm, if I were to search your post history on NSC- and yes, I appreciate it would take me some time- are you QUITE sure I wouldn't find any complaining about TV?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here