Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That one day passport service in London

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not sure how correct this is, you will need your photos signed by a professional person before hand.

In Addition I was told to have my form fully completed before my appointment if you have little time for error I wouldnt risk turned up unprepered.

Noted. Isn't the point of the signature to confirm the photo is a true likeness though? Ie if I'm at the passport office then this is redundant as they can check this themselves.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I am not sure how correct this is, you will need your photos signed by a professional person before hand.

In Addition I was told to have my form fully completed before my appointment if you have little time for error I wouldnt risk turned up unprepered.

You don't need photos signed by a professional for replacing an out-of-date passport.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Depends on the type of application - not all require countersigned photos (standard renewal for example)

Of course it's better to turn up with the form completed.

There is even an online express service now (limited trial) where you do everything online and then simply collect the passport. https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/online-premium-1-day-service

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Depends on the type of application - not all require countersigned photos (standard renewal for example)

Of course it's better to turn up with the form completed.

There is even an online express service now (limited trial) where you do everything online and then simply collect the passport. https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/online-premium-1-day-service

Fair enough, I will butt out, I am only talking from my experiance last year where I was replacing a lost passport in a short amount of time.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
No experience, but you can't just rock up any more - you need to make an appointment in advance, which can be done online.

Try and get the earliest appointment you can. When I went they seems to run behind schedule and it go progressively worse as the morning went on (I was seen 1 and a bit hours late)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fair enough, I will butt out, I am only talking from my experiance last year where I was replacing a lost passport in a short amount of time.

Yes - lost would require countersignature. They are happy to renew without countersignature where your appearance hasn't changed significantly as they can check the old one, but if it's lost they can't do that obviously.

Jul 7, 2003
This is useful to know as going to a post office to get forms is an extra burden from abroad.

There is a Post Office just out the back of the railway station by the coach station so you could always pick the forms up there. Depending on how quickly you need this, I could add the forms to your black pudding order and bring them along to the Everton game.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There is a Post Office just out the back of the railway station by the coach station so you could always pick the forms up there. Depending on how quickly you need this, I could add the forms to your black pudding order and bring them along to the Everton game.

I'd add that the form has loads of pages but for someone who was born in the UK and just getting a renewal, it's about a 15 minute job. The most important thing is to secure an early morning appointment IMO.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This is a very very kind offer but I have plenty of time at the moment; I still have 11 months to go but some countries require 6 months remaining on your passport. And I can't use the regular overseas renewal service as this takes a few weeks which I don't have due to frequent travelling. Im just thinking ahead and looking at the logistics of this at the moment. I'm in Brighton the day before the Everton game so I'll pop along to the post office then.

Looking forward to the black pudding!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They are happy to renew without countersignature where your appearance hasn't changed

I've got better looking with age so I'd better get a countersignature I guess?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That professional signing photo thing is a joke they never check it out, I signed my mates never heard a thing.

It is a bit anachronistic. Do they check up? Anyone on here ever been questioned after signing?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think it's very random. I was called by the passport office for one I countersigned for a friend - but that's one out of probably 20-30 I've signed.

Do you "work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession" or are you a "person of good standing in their community"?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arguably [emoji23][emoji23]

The recognised profession bit makes sense but who decides if you're an upstanding member of society or not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here