Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Bromwich Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
really scrappy first half but not bothered in the slightest, we have our first premier league goal and hopefully we can get another in the second half �� UTA

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
20170909_154750.jpg

History :)

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
But surely we can't score until we sign a multi million pound striker in January?

Great first half and we do seem to be able to live at this level!

Ha! This is a fair counter to the MASSIVE gripe n panicFest that consumed NSC as the transfer window drew to a close

BUT you can still tell a superior striker would've had us at West Brom before we made this INCREDIBLE WONDERFUL AND INCANDESCENTLY BEAUTIFUL breakthrough :clap:

we appear in general to be finding our feet, and improving - not to mention West Brom's excellent start :banana:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...and breathe.

On the balance of play in that first half, we were much the better side. Credit to the lads and the crowd for getting behind them.

The Baggies won't play worse in the 2nd half, so we'll still have to fight for this.

Still, we've got a goal and some belief - that could be enough.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Dunk is again looking England quality. 8 great outfield players plus Suttner but we badly need a striker. Hopefully Murray is it and I think he could do well if fit. Hemed just always suits playing with a proper striking partner....... not his fault but not a great match for us currently (I do like him generally otherwise).

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well, then. Lovely to be in the lead.

I think we all suspect how we're going to approach the second half so lets get Izquierdo on sooner rather than later and utilise his pace on the break.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Positive first half, at least we're making a game of it. Solly frustrated for most of the game but is forgiven for that floated ball.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I'm amazed the commentators haven't mentioned dunk in higher regard. He has been immense so far. Defensively world class, and going forward he is the best in the league. those 70 yard passes to the wing, pin point may i add, have gone unmentioned.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Blah blah blah, we're fooookin winning!

Oh no no no, not me, I'm over the moon.
That was from Chris Sutton who is watching the match on BT Sport.
Half way through the half he said " Brighton have not scored a top flight goal for 34 years and the way they are going it will be another 34"
Every time he opens his mouth it's either as a wind up or to be controversial.
Detest him and absolute pissmidget.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Well I thought we looked very positive and dominated them first half. Nice to finally have one in the net.. agree that on the first half it may be Murray that is more suited to be upfront. But don't think we can have many complaints on the first 45!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here