Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our recruitment why leave our business so late?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has TB told us to us to judge when the window closes this season?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Why is it so difficult to understand? Are people genuinely struggling with the concept? Even if we were prepared to offered 100k a week and upset the wage structure and balance of our entire squad, why would any player sign that deal early in the windows when he can hold out and squeeze 110k out of a different club? I don't see why people don't get it. It's not a difficult concept. Player power is everything and the club work incredibly hard to get deals over the line, only to get shafted by the player...see Lewis Grabban and Alex Pritchard for reference. Not having a perfect squad assembled early and on the cheap is not for the want of trying.

But it can be done can't it???

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Because we have a large percentage of utter simpletons following us.

I cannot believe the amount of bedwetting going on over the club identifying a medical problem with a player we were about to spend £12 million on. Can somebody please tell me how this is a bad thing? I don't understand why the attitude isn't "Well done the medical team, sounds like we've dodged a bullet". It is just bizarre.

Come on pal, you're an intelligent bloke, don't lower yourself by using that pathetic expression.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It highlights the simple fact now, that clubs and agents will know we are desperate and will load the price up accordingly.... so we may as well go for broke between now and Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Find the top scorer in Paraguay national league and ship him over job done.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Because we have a large percentage of utter simpletons following us.

I cannot believe the amount of bedwetting going on over the club identifying a medical problem with a player we were about to spend £12 million on. Can somebody please tell me how this is a bad thing? I don't understand why the attitude isn't "Well done the medical team, sounds like we've dodged a bullet". It is just bizarre.

It's good that we spotted it, it is quite obviously a 'bad thing' that he has a heart problem, mostly for him but us fans are bound to feel gutted that the player we are so desperate for isn't coming and there's only five days of the window left. I'm trying to remain positive, but when I looked in the mirror this morning, a single tear fell from my eye and slid solemnly down my cheek, hesitated briefly on my chin and then plummeted to the bathroom floor like a team in despair, crashing to the bottom of the table. If that doesn't melt your heart, then I don't know what will.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's good that we spotted it, it is quite obviously a 'bad thing' that he has a heart problem, mostly for him but us fans are bound to feel gutted that the player we are so desperate for isn't coming and there's only five days of the window left. I'm trying to remain positive, but when I looked in the mirror this morning, a single tear fell from my eye and slid solemnly down my cheek, hesitated briefly on my chin and then plummeted to the bathroom floor like a team in despair, crashing to the bottom of the table. If that doesn't melt your heart, then I don't know what will.

My heart has truly melted.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It seems like we've had "one of those" windows. The failed pursuit for Tammy (£1m golden hello looks cheap now) and Delaney, 2 failed medicals and none of the signings so far exactly tearing it up (and one or two looking decidedly concerning). To those saying you can't compare to 'udds results that's true - but you can say that Mounie, Mooy and the new GK whose name I can't remember look - at this stage - better bits of business than anything we've managed - and were done early. With a few days to go we're two strikers and a powerful midfielder short of a squad that has a chance to compete (and possibly a GK as well if we have bought a dud) so as fans I think it's fair to be disappointed with that whilst not nessarily also thinking that's the result of our recruitment team being rubbish - I'm sure they're also disappointed with where we're at. Overall it feels like we've spent most the night trying to pull the hot girls and now we just want to take someone home is isn't a complete rotter.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We'll be fine.
The club has a whole has done a marvellous job in recruiting, given the financial restraints they are under.
Just because we are not signing Charlie Big Bollox for £million.
There is no need to panic IMO

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We'll be fine.
The club has a whole has done a marvellous job in recruiting, given the financial restraints they are under.
Just because we are not signing Charlie Big Bollox for £million.
There is no need to panic IMO
I wish I shared your optimism. We were right to pull out of this deal of course, but the fact it is so late in the window leaves us extremely vulnerable

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I wish I shared your optimism. We were right to pull out of this deal of course, but the fact it is so late in the window leaves us extremely vulnerable

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have to positive, because being negative attracts all sorts of shite.
The Albion soap opera for a striker will go on and on regardless of what anyone thinks.
So that's why I believe something will happen!

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
It seems like we've had "one of those" windows. The failed pursuit for Tammy (£1m golden hello looks cheap now) and Delaney, 2 failed medicals and none of the signings so far exactly tearing it up (and one or two looking decidedly concerning). To those saying you can't compare to 'udds results that's true - but you can say that Mounie, Mooy and the new GK whose name I can't remember look - at this stage - better bits of business than anything we've managed - and were done early. With a few days to go we're two strikers and a powerful midfielder short of a squad that has a chance to compete (and possibly a GK as well if we have bought a dud) so as fans I think it's fair to be disappointed with that whilst not nessarily also thinking that's the result of our recruitment team being rubbish - I'm sure they're also disappointed with where we're at. Overall it feels like we've spent most the night trying to pull the hot girls and now we just want to take someone home is isn't a complete rotter.

I think this is spot on. To be fair, our recruitment team have had several very good windows over the last couple of years. I'm sure that this one has been the most challenging to date, with the need to look beyond seasoned-Championship-class pros to those who stand half a chance of being good enough for the Premier League, yet fall within our budget and are not wanted by established PL clubs offering more money. There is still time, but the chronic lack of firepower, and what looks like a questionable decision on the keeper, may well cost us this year.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So do you now believe we have time left in this window achieve this?

why not :shrug: Arguably we had done it already but two of our targets failed their medicals, so we have to keep working at it. We had five new players in our first XI of the season, more than any other side, so we're clearly doing something right as far as getting the required numbers in in time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here