Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our recruitment why leave our business so late?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yes, but we still need to be chasing players that they also covet. Put it this way, we could easily and quickly fill a squad with players that aren't good enough for the other 18, but that way will lead to certain relegation.

And, as we need to get more of these players than, say, Stoke or Watford, its going to take us longer to do it

So do you now believe we have time left in this window achieve this?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Agree and they have a very energetic approach that means they'll score goals :)
We have very slow central midfielders who score and create jack shite and strikers that have less pace than a snail and if he ever gets fit baldock may add something.

Very very poor and boring tactics and the recruitment did jack shite for 3 months....

Your avatar should be changed to a ginger tom cat as all your posts stink :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do West Ham and Newcastle have more than 1 fit striker?

I get your point.

The whinging Hammers fans this weekend, will only get to see the paltry choice of fit strikers from Sakho, Ayew and Hernandez.

You didn't bring the pointless analogy of West Ham into this thread about the Albion, but you certainly finished it.

Ta.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Why do we have to explain this every year? Agents & players are angling for the best deal. They are happy to start rumours and create competition and take the best deal. Once clubs have brought in their expensive new players, certain players eventually realise that their options are closing, they may no longer have a regular place and then they are more reasonable with their demands and become more realistic options for us.

It's the road to ruin (and there's a whole list of clubs who have gone down that road) to overspend on players who are not worth the money. We will do OK. We won't be top half but we will build. If anyone is not prepaired for a few seasons of not winning more than losing then bail out now & let others take your places.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why do we have to explain this every year? Agents & players are angling for the best deal. They are happy to start rumours and create competition and take the best deal. Once clubs have brought in their expensive new players, certain players eventually realise that their options are closing, they may no longer have a regular place and then they are more reasonable with their demands and become more realistic options for us.

It's the road to ruin (and there's a whole list of clubs who have gone down that road) to overspend on players who are not worth the money. We will do OK. We won't be top half but we will build. If anyone is not prepaired for a few seasons of not winning more than losing then bail out now & let others take your places.

It's the completely rational concern of many fans that the Albion squad simply doesn't have goals in it at PL level.

The PL is unforgiving, containing a wealth of playing and management talent, able to identify the deficiencies of an opponent in advance. These days it's not just of case of muddling along with a win here and a draw there, get 16th place, then gradually build season by season. The club requires goals and regular results to have any chance of avoiding Championship football.

As Barber said in his BT Sport interview "Staying in the PL is everything".

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Trouble is we've lost out first two games to nil. Which isnt the best form to be in when trying to intice top quality players to the club. Most prospective signings will be looking at us as relegation dead certs. Will they want to risk languishing in the Sky Bet Championship next season?

My past experience of shit transfer windows like this one is we dont tend to turn it round in the last few days.

From the thousands and thousands of players world wide, should it really be that difficult to recruit players to play in the most exciting league in the world?

Call me a doom merchant all you like, I think we've been naive this summer and ultimately I think it'll cost us a place in the Premier League.

Shame, particuarly given how long its taken to get here. Which is why I intend to enjoy every second of it...win, lose or draw.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
There really are some utter morons following this club. I genuinely don't know how they get through the days. I'd love to know what these people do for jobs, and how they get on in the real world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why do we have to explain this every year?

Because we have a large percentage of utter simpletons following us.

I cannot believe the amount of bedwetting going on over the club identifying a medical problem with a player we were about to spend £12 million on. Can somebody please tell me how this is a bad thing? I don't understand why the attitude isn't "Well done the medical team, sounds like we've dodged a bullet". It is just bizarre.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I cannot believe the amount of bedwetting going on over the club identifying a medical problem with a player we were about to spend £12 million on. Can somebody please tell me how this is a bad thing? I don't understand why the attitude isn't "Well done the medical team, sounds like we've dodged a bullet". It is just bizarre.

I agree on that side of it, how could anyone not?

But concerns about a lack of strikers / goal scorers, with 6 days to go after a long window, is a legitimate debate.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

You seem to be reeling this off at every opportunity as if it should be any surprise to you. Of course people are going to overeact. Yes it's good news for the club that we didn't pile more risk on an already risky purchase but it's blatantly not good news that several months after being promoted to the PL we are still yet to improve our strikeforce with 5 days of the window remaining.

Also, speaking of regurgitating misinformation constantly, we didn't discover anything that wasn't already known by the player and by his club. The difference is the perceived risk, which is a hell of alot higher for a deal worth 10 million pound sterling than one worth 250k.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So we played 2 of the recent winners and they played 2 relegation fodder....... but it's clearly not even the signings ability but when they came in.

You make a good point, just really badly x

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Really? You should read what Newcastle fans are saying about their recruitment.

West Ham finding it tough, too.
https://twitter.com/BroadcastMoose/status/901146143098273792

[tweet]901146143098273792[/tweet]

West Ham finding it tough? They pulled out of Carvalho due to fitness concerns not the price tag.

They have signed Zabaleta, Hart, Arnautovic and Hernandez. All seasoned PL players and regular internationals. They may be on P2 L2 but they have had very similar fixtures to us.

2 in 2 for Hernandez already is it?

I really don't think it's in the least bit comparable, their unrealistic fans are probably getting frustrated they haven't signed Mahrez to aid their push for CL football. I don't think it's unrealistic for our fans to suggest we should have improved our strikeforce since promotion.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I agree on that side of it, how could anyone not?

But concerns about a lack of strikers / goal scorers, with 6 days to go after a long window, is a legitimate debate.

Yes it is. But some people seem to be somehow blaming the recruitment team that Raphael has a medical problem. It's hardly their fault, they can't do a medical on him when hes playing for another club!

You seem to be reeling this off at every opportunity as if it should be any surprise to you. Of course people are going to overeact..

But why? Why does everyone need to overreact? Do they do this in their normal lives? Is this just the way of the world these days? It's all a bit pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here