Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving the away fans

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I wonder if the club has ever thought of doing this? Would much rather have Albion fans behind both goals. I always think its more incentive for away team to score when attacking their fans end. I would like to see them moved to ESL. Most recently villa and wolves have done the same thing

This is too obviously a good idea. It would improve our atmosphere & also reduce away fans atmosphere. But we are too nice to do it

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Totally agree.

I understand the arguments for moving the away fans and if we had put them say in the NE from the start I think it would have been a good move and would have improved the atmosphere. For reasons that I don't know, the club decided to stick them in the S. Moving them now would mean the club kicking out STHs who have perhaps had their STs since day one. And that would make us no better than the scumbags up the road.

If they moved the away fans from the south to the south west , all the season ticket holders from the south west could get season tickets in the south , not that a bigger deal

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
If they moved the away fans from the south to the south west , all the season ticket holders from the south west could get season tickets in the south , not that a bigger deal

You get a better view of the game from the corner, my favourite place is the North West corner, great atmoshere.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Perhaps some SW ST would like to comment, plus how would those ST in WSL who would then be next to the away fans feel.
I think it's a bigger deal than you think.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Alternatively, we could move the north stand to the South East corner, not that bigger deal if it improves the atmosphere!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally agree.

I understand the arguments for moving the away fans and if we had put them say in the NE from the start I think it would have been a good move and would have improved the atmosphere. For reasons that I don't know, the club decided to stick them in the S. Moving them now would mean the club kicking out STHs who have perhaps had their STs since day one. And that would make us no better than the scumbags up the road.

I met DK a few times in the Amex planning stage.

He/they openly wanted to make away fans welcome and to have a special day. By giving them a complete end, internally lighting in their club colours (he said he got the idea from the Allianz Stadium alternating its colour between the two Munich clubs) and bringing in their local guest beers.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not from where I sit………would say the ‘usual’ is something like :

North - sings a lot, but in 2/3 distinct groups (NW corner, group under the Police Box and group under the screen ?) that don’t join up, and mostly way too fast
West - usually follows North, but soon dies out, nothing much other than ‘Aaaaalbion’ now and again apart from that
East - can’t hear anything from the West

Think if we could locate away fans near the North then things would get much better/louder - North groups would synch (responding to away) and rest would join in.
Agreed with all of this

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The way the hospitality suites are set up in the east stand, rules out moving away fans there.
The only viable option to make it more uncomfortable for away fans is give them E1H & S1A with possibly S1B // fence it and that gives us the south stand and a good bit of friction that could create a better atmosphere.

Attachments

• Falmer-Stadium3.jpg
    Falmer-Stadium3.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 124

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The way the hospitality suites are set up in the east stand, rules out moving away fans there.
The only viable option to make it more uncomfortable for away fans is give them E1H & S1A with possibly S1B // fence it and that gives us the south stand and a good bit of friction that could create a better atmosphere.

Are you suggesting there will be some in the North stand that would migrate to the south stand to generate that 'friction'?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Great idea, dilute the atmosphere from the North stand even more!!

What atmosphere? You can't hear the north stand from past the half way line in either the west or the east. The north stand is too small..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Are you suggesting there will be some in the North stand that would migrate to the south stand to generate that 'friction'?

I am not suggesting anything like that, When away fans are close to home fans, friction boils up naturally and I was rather hoping it would be an organic thing that would happen all on it's own. Possibly some may move and we could increase the atmosphere at the Amex, I think that might happen if we had the south stand.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Definitely the north end of the East would be the spot.

Big issue is that ST in the South are cheaper than in the East, so a loss in revenue for the club.

Not in the family stand they're not. The junior prices there are a fraction of a cost of those anywhere else.

Like [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] said, the South West corner is not for me, Clive. More than happy where we are, thanks very much.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Don't think that would give the away fans the 3,000 seats they are entitled to, plus extra sections needed for cup games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not from where I sit………would say the ‘usual’ is something like :

North - sings a lot, but in 2/3 distinct groups (NW corner, group under the Police Box and group under the screen ?) that don’t join up, and mostly way too fast
West - usually follows North, but soon dies out, nothing much other than ‘Aaaaalbion’ now and again apart from that
East - can’t hear anything from the West

Think if we could locate away fans near the North then things would get much better/louder - North groups would synch (responding to away) and rest would join in.

Yes. Good summary.

To be honest, it was a bit tongue in cheek.

The West from my perspective generally leads the GOSBTS, but will follow the north for others. Not sure about it quickly dying out though.

From my seat, I can see the East side of the north jumping about but rarely hear what they’re singing, unless the Police Box side pick up on it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not in the family stand they're not. The junior prices there are a fraction of a cost of those anywhere else.

Like [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] said, the South West corner is not for me, Clive. More than happy where we are, thanks very much.

Club could easily change the pricing if they had to move people, don’t think that’s the main issue

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Club could easily change the pricing if they had to move people, don’t think that’s the main issue

Oh yeah, I know that. I'm just quite happy where I am though. I don't really see the point in the upheaval – especially after so long.

If people want more of an atmosphere, they should SIGN a bit louder! :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here