Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Deal off failed he's medical, heart problems

I'm being very careful and tactful here.
Given the recent issues with Connor Goldson having a heart condition, which thankfully was diagnosed by the club's routine screening.
Could Raphael Dwamena have had a similar issue which was picked up during his medical.
I'm only summising mind you.

Sorry I didn't see your post :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Something seems very fishy on this one to me. No news of the work permit hearing and then all of a sudden it's a medical issue. I suspect he didn't get clearance and it's less embarrassing for the club to claim a medical problem.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That would be a really shitty thing to do.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Exactly. This screws us and the player over in the medium term and in the context of football. But we all know a young man with a heart murmur can be a tragic incident in waiting. Well done to our staff and all the best to the player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had a heart murmur for 60 years and I'm still here.......just about! Bit pissed of that it now rules me out from ever wearing the stripes especially as I was always good for 20 goals a season in the Sunday league :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've had a heart murmur for 60 years and I'm still here.......just about! Bit pissed of that it now rules me out from ever wearing the stripes especially as I was always good for 20 goals a season in the Sunday league :lol:

Never too old or young to start playing walking football, just look at our midfield :p

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Something seems very fishy on this one to me. No news of the work permit hearing and then all of a sudden it's a medical issue. I suspect he didn't get clearance and it's less embarrassing for the club to claim a medical problem.
How is it embarrassing to the club if he didn't get a work permit?

I think you belong in the Friday night drinking thread.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Jesus. 3 things

Thank god the problem has been spotted. The young man looks a great future talent and hope whatever problems there are are resolved quickly.

What a fantastic medical team we have. No such much dodging a bullet but identifying a problem that could have serious consequences for the player. We appear to be ahead of the game looking for such issues. I'd rather struggle in the league than witness a serious medical condition befall a player.

Lastly, what complete bad luck. Two players failing medicals.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fishy, in the same way as Lee Harvey Oswald is innocent, the 'moon landings' were filmed in a studio and Islamists weren't involved in 9-11?

The collapsed transfer stinks of collusion between a corrupt Home Office official, a cardiologist and someone at the club.

We live in dangerous times.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Good thing is we've caught it, for him 99.9999%. Good luck to the lad.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I think we should be more annoyed with Zurich rather than our club.

They knew he had a problem but didn't want to mention it, hoping we'd miss it?

What a waste of everyone's time and money and threatens to jeopardise our survival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here