Y

On the bench:
Goalkeeper: John Sullivan
Defender: Adam Hinshelwood
Midfielder: Seb Carole
Midfielder: David Livermore
Forward: Sam Gargan

League position:- 22nd.

Funny how the 2 players in that team who received the most abuse from our fans, ended up playing at a much better level than the rest of that team.

Barn-door and El-Abd.

El-Abd was the original Ashley Barnes and Davies was a player you could see just needed confidence but was never given the time.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Thats 3 academy players playing at league 2 level and 1 at Championship level. Lets get Ben White to a league 1 team and another 3 or 4 players at league 2 and see what they can do next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mr Alzate, yesterday, playing for Swindon Town:-

[TWEET]1025752113232707585[/TWEET]
Nice. He was subbed after 68 mins, any idea how his overall game was?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Nice. He was subbed after 68 mins, any idea how his overall game was?

I went to the game yesterday with a Saints fan and a Swindon fan. We were all in agreement that he was head and shoulders above the rest of the players out there.

I expected him to play as a CAM or at striker but he dropped surprisingly deep and controlled the tempo in the middle with some lovely footwork and neat passing, as shown in the clip above. Looked way too good for that level.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always really rated this lad and have high hopes for sure.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hope he can justify a long run of games then, and step up a level next season. The more players who can steadily build careers that way the better all round for us. Not just to try and generate a Premier League player or two but also to sell others for a profit and to attract good youngsters to our acadamy!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Alzate was the scorer of two of the four goals that made the final of Swindon Town's Goal of 2018 competition:-

[TWEET]1079845291501780993[/TWEET]

On a much less positive note, the club reported on January 1 that he would be out of action for 3 or 4 months with a stress fracture of the back - WELLENS PULLS NO PUNCHES FOLLOWING EXETER DEFEAT

... Sid Nelson was brought off just before half-time with Wellens also announcing the news that Steven Alzate will be out for three or four months with a stress fracture to his back.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Alzate was the scorer of two of the four goals that made the final of Swindon Town's Goal of 2018 competition:-

[TWEET]1079845291501780993[/TWEET]

On a much less positive note, the club reported on January 1 that he would be out of action for 3 or 4 months with a stress fracture of the back

Gutted for him - such a prospect.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
That's bad news - wonder when it happened. He's hardly played since early December.

He last played for Swindon on 22/12 he came on mid way through the second half v cheltenham..... ( I saw it with my own eyes)
Ive heard unofficially hes returned to Brighton for treatment....which makes sense as Swindon will want to free up wages for another Midfielder/striker.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He last played for Swindon on 22/12 he came on mid way through the second half v cheltenham..... ( I saw it with my own eyes)
Ive heard unofficially hes returned to Brighton for treatment....which makes sense as Swindon will want to free up wages for another Midfielder/striker.
Yes, I saw he'd come on as a substitute - but not played since then, and I think he missed a game or two before that one (and the last one he played in he was subbed off).

He had been playing and training with the injury for a few weeks.(im told)
Ouch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here