Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think I've found us just the answer, a player with Premier League experience, I think within our wage structure and shouldn't break the bank.

Has averaged a league goal every 2.5 games and has masses of experience - added to that he should fit in perfectly!

Oh, sorry forgot to mention his name....

Glenn Murray

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon the only reason the club offered Baldock an extension to his stay in sickbay was because they knew they couldn't sign 2 strikers.

Usual trouble - different division.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
There is the right striker out there for us, we are not going to spend 10-15 million on someone we don't actually want just because fans on NSC want a striker ASAP. As premier league teams and other top European teams finalise there squads there are going to be a number of good strikers that will become available as clubs look to get them off the wage bill before the transfer window closes. We will have the number 9 CH wants. Hopefully he will be good enough to score a few goals that assist in keeping us up or better. Murray, Baldock, Hemed all good enough to play but parts especially if we play 4-4-2 anytime through the season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Agreed. Failed in the prem with Palace and Bournemouth and he is older now. At the moment our main striker. I think he will be a decent option from the bench, but nothing more. We need 2 strikers to stand a chance of staying up.

He didn't fail with Palace. His goal scoring record for them was excellent. Just wasn't going to get a game after a change of manager and signing of Benteke.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is the right striker out there for us, we are not going to spend 10-15 million on someone we don't actually want just because fans on NSC want a striker ASAP. As premier league teams and other top European teams finalise there squads there are going to be a number of good strikers that will become available as clubs look to get them off the wage bill before the transfer window closes. We will have the number 9 CH wants. Hopefully he will be good enough to score a few goals that assist in keeping us up or better. Murray, Baldock, Hemed all good enough to play but parts especially if we play 4-4-2 anytime through the season.

This. #holdthenerve

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But, ahem, BUT he never remains fit. His operation might help, but I fear he'll be out more than in (due to his thigh problems) again this season.

A rather terrifying scenario is a Murray injury. Then, as it stands, we're as toothless as the arse raping yokel in Deliverance.

And probably as dead and buried by act 3 too.

You have a way with words Kosh :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One?

We signed Murray last sunmer.

Baldock back up? Three years and counting. Find it hard to believe that any Albion fan doesn't think we need cover for our most injury prone player, when he is the only player in the club who can play in his position.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I think I've found us just the answer, a player with Premier League experience, I think within our wage structure and shouldn't break the bank.

Has averaged a league goal every 2.5 games and has masses of experience - added to that he should fit in perfectly!

Oh, sorry forgot to mention his name....

Glenn Murray

So far down the pecking order at Bournemouth that they were happy to loan him it. Not really what you want from your main striker.

And his backup? Shiver.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As much as most of us love Murray, Baldock and Hemed, as starting strikers against top flight defenders, they aren't going to score the vital goals that propel us to safety. Scoring a stack of goals is vital - Sunderland, Boro and Hull scored the fewest goals and all went down.

We need two new strikers of the required quality. Should either get injured or suspended, then we will have quality cover. In addition, if they offer differing qualities, it gives variety to our attack, so opposing coaches can't work out a single copycat game plan to frustrate us.

We've spent bugger all money out of the huge new riches, so the club has the money to invest.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How many years have we been saying this. At the moment every Premier League club has a stronger front line than we have.
I'd say our frontline is upper championship at best and still can't believe we've got the same strikers and only 3 in the premiership :D
Murrays old now and should be a sub and baldock has numerous injury issues....that leaves 3rd choice hemed as the likely key striker:glare:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As much as most of us love Murray, Baldock and Hemed, as starting strikers against top flight defenders, they aren't going to score the vital goals that propel us to safety. Scoring a stack of goals is vital - Sunderland, Boro and Hull scored the fewest goals and all went down.

We need two new strikers of the required quality. Should either get injured or suspended, then we will have quality cover. In addition, if they offer differing qualities, it gives variety to our attack, so opposing coaches can't work out a single copycat game plan to frustrate us.

We've spent bugger all money out of the huge new riches, so the club has the money to invest.
Spot on.....awful frontline and by far the worst in the division and must confess if we was in the championship I'd prefer better this season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd say our frontline is upper championship at best and still can't believe we've got the same strikers and only 3 in the premiership :D
Murrays old now and should be a sub and baldock has numerous injury issues....that leaves 3rd choice hemed as the likely key striker:glare:

If it wasn't such a serious problem, it would almost be comical. But I'm just a bed wetter so what do I know.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spot on.....awful frontline and by far the worst in the division and must confess if we was in the championship I'd prefer better this season.

Quality strikers and goals keep teams up in the PL. Simple.

Without that against 19 brilliant, to bloody well organised, teams with their own match winners, a squad is toothless.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Agree, we're very exposed, hope I'm wrong. Everything has to go right, and don't think Hemed is PL

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Agree, we're very exposed, hope I'm wrong. Everything has to go right, and don't think Hemed is PL

I really hope hemed and co do the business but Murray has been released by Bournemouth and palace in the prem when younger so doesn't bode well.
Can't see many goals next season sadly with these three but underneath you know they deserve a crack....very tricky situation !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here