Our 16 year old student mugged by Portslade station last night 9pm

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
We have more information of the gang.
Long story short - a girlfriend of one of them has my student's friend's number, and they have sent an insulting message.

Let's hope the police can do something.

Good grief! it's sounding a lot more sinister than a mugging don't you think?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good grief! it's sounding a lot more sinister than a mugging don't you think?
No. As I said, that was a long story short. My student's friend saw the girl the day after the mugging. She asked if he was ok (they recognised each other) and asked if his friend (my student) was ok. My student's friend asked for her number, but just gave her his. She obviously passed the message on to her mates who thought it would be funny to phone and send insults.

Police have just been here this morning taking the details. They're now going to try and get cctv footage.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
No. As I said, that was a long story short. My student's friend saw the girl the day after the mugging. She asked if he was ok (they recognised each other) and asked if his friend (my student) was ok. My student's friend asked for her number, but just gave her his. She obviously passed the message on to her mates who thought it would be funny to phone and send insults.

Police have just been here this morning taking the details. They're now going to try and get cctv footage.

Oh right, glad the police are doing something now

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Was this chance meeting in the Boundary Road area or even in Boundary Road? There may be a chance that this second meeting was also captured on cctv.
Although the girl may not have been an active participant in the mugging her presence and failure to intervene or object to her friends' actions make her an accessory rather than a mere bystander.
The fact that she was solely responsible for passing on the phone number which resulted in the abusive phone calls confirms her complicity.
So although she showed concern for your student's welfare both after and before the facts the subsequent events have only served to raise her level of culpability.
It could be that the concern she showed was genuine and she has just got herself mixed up with the wrong crowd and is easily led.
Or her show of concern could have been totally disingenuous and was merely indicative of a lack of confidence or bravado when not having the security of her friends with her.
Or maybe she was just being a devious little cow and was totally confident and calculating in what she was doing.
It would be nice to think it was the former and that there was still hope for the girl but maybe that's just me looking through rose tinted specs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It could be that the concern she showed was genuine and she has just got herself mixed up with the wrong crowd and is easily led.
Or her show of concern could have been totally disingenuous and was merely indicative of a lack of confidence or bravado when not having the security of her friends with her.
Yep, one of those.
Or maybe she was just being a devious little cow and was totally confident and calculating in what she was doing.
No, she wasn't (clear from the description of the conversation).

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
We have a 16 year old foreign student staying with us, who was near his friends house, on Boundary road last night when he was mugged by a few young men.

He's fine. Afterwards he asked a passer by to call the police, who refused, and then he went in to the Arabic food shop (corner of Portland rd) and asked them to call the police, and they told him to **** off. Nice.

He eventually got hold of the police by flagging down a passing police car. He gave them all the details, but they haven't given him a report number, presumably they should have. I've like to call them and check they've got a record of the crime
Were there any more developments to this story? Did the police manage to apprehend any of the culprits?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Were there any more developments to this story? Did the police manage to apprehend any of the culprits?
Did they ****. They haven't even bothered to contact the owner of the mobile phone.

A few people surrounded my student and one asked for his stuff. The person that asked for the stuff is black, the others are white. As far as they're concerned, only the black person committed a crime. They looked up who owned the phone, and the person isn't a black male, so they've not even contacted them to ask questions.

The officer that said he'd check CCTV in the area apparently shouldn't have said that, they won't.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's not really part of his remit to investigate crime, that's a police matter. The frustration is trying to get them to do something about it rather than just take the report and issue a crime reference number

But they do have the resources (2 cars and 4 officers) to impose a road closure in Worthing for 2-3 hours this morning for what they will doubtless describe as a "sinkhole" ...when in fact it was a max 3' x 3' shallow indentation in the road surface. Not as if Sussex's roads arent full of potholes. Total waste of resources.

And don't even get me started on the cost of painting rainbows on their vehicles!

But when somebody really does need help they do two thirds of SFA

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did they ****. They haven't even bothered to contact the owner of the mobile phone.

A few people surrounded my student and one asked for his stuff. The person that asked for the stuff is black, the others are white. As far as they're concerned, only the black person committed a crime. They looked up who owned the phone, and the person isn't a black male, so they've not even contacted them to ask questions.

The officer that said he'd check CCTV in the area apparently shouldn't have said that, they won't.

One for the local police commissioner, I'd have thought. Put named local officers on the spot for failing to stop in their tracks the doubtless well known to them local ferals.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
But they do have the resources (2 cars and 4 officers) to impose a road closure in Worthing for 2-3 hours this morning for what they will doubtless describe as a "sinkhole" ...when in fact it was a max 3' x 3' shallow indentation in the road surface. Not as if Sussex's roads arent full of potholes. Total waste of resources.

And don't even get me started on the cost of painting rainbows on their vehicles!

But when somebody really does need help they do two thirds of SFA

Time and resources available to assist supermarkets with their store product signage .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rning-feminine-care-supermarket-signs-sexist/

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It doesn't surprise me in the least. From personal experience I've always found the Police a complete waste of space. I've personally witnessed and experienced complete ineptitude, inappropriate conduct while on duty, corruption, and cover ups. I have absolutely no faith in their abilities, their integrity and would never rely on them to pursue an investigation as more often than not you are fobbed off even if the crime is serious.
It was atrocious the way they dealt with Shana Grice when she reported her stalker ex boyfriend to them. They fined her for wasting their time. A few weeks later her stalker murdered her in Portslade. Absolutely disgusting and I really hope they are bought to account for that. After she was fined she was too scared to go to the police again when the stalking continued because she knew they wouldn't believe her.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It doesn't surprise me in the least. From personal experience I've always found the Police a complete waste of space. I've personally witnessed and experienced complete ineptitude, inappropriate conduct while on duty, corruption, and cover ups. I have absolutely no faith in their abilities, their integrity and would never rely on them to pursue an investigation as more often than not you are fobbed off even if the crime is serious.
It was atrocious the way they dealt with Shana Grice when she reported her stalker ex boyfriend to them. They fined her for wasting their time. A few weeks later her stalker murdered her in Portslade. Absolutely disgusting and I really hope they are bought to account for that. After she was fined she was too scared to go to the police again when the stalking continued because she knew they wouldn't believe her.

Did you sort your washing machine valve tho :moo:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Did you not read the RIP Jeanne Moreau / Anita Pallenberg thread which I would have thought was the obvious place to find the answer to your question. Clearly you didn't so just for your benefit....

20170810_111430.jpg

As you can see I went with the Tectite from Screwfix. There was something about that sturdy looking isolator tap I just couldn't resist. Lovely smooth action too. The added leverage helps take the strain out of isolating your washing machine supply.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Did you not read the RIP Jeanne Moreau / Anita Pallenberg thread which I would have thought was the obvious place to find the answer to your question. Clearly you didn't so just for your benefit....

View attachment 88254

As you can see I went with the Tectite from Screwfix. There was something about that sturdy looking isolator tap I just couldn't resist. Lovely smooth action too. The added leverage helps take the strain out of isolating your washing machine supply.

Didn't take my advice on capping off the unused hot valve I see.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Didn't take my advice on capping off the unused hot valve I see.

I will do but I didn't want to over exert myself. I'll screw one of those blank nuts on some other spare afternoon. Need to do a bit of internet research first for the best one to buy. That dilemma will probably cause a few more sleepless nights.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I will do but I didn't want to over exert myself. I'll screw one of those blank nuts on some other spare afternoon. Need to do a bit of internet research first for the best one to buy. That dilemma will probably cause a few more sleepless nights.

:lolol:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

View attachment 88254

Your description has given all the plumbers on NSC a hard on :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here