hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rather prosaic name.
If he changes it to Tomaz Lawrencieni I might get excited

#flair

'Tom Lawrence' sounds like one of the 'cool' tribe of English actors. He's mates from RADA with Eddie Redmayne, and used to date a girl who was 72nd in line to the throne. Considers himself a serious Shakespearean talent' and resents the fact he's best known for taking his top of in some ITV period drama. Doesn't stop him taking the dollar for all the Heat magazine shoots though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know how I feel about this one...

...as he's never previously played for the Albion.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Ask yourself why are Leicester selling him?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leicester won the Premier League the season before last, they have and can attract better players (market value) than us currently. Clubs have a variety of reasons why they sell players that are not always understood by the fans

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
'Tom Lawrence' sounds like one of the 'cool' tribe of English actors. He's mates from RADA with Eddie Redmayne, and used to date a girl who was 72nd in line to the throne. Considers himself a serious Shakespearean talent' and resents the fact he's best known for taking his top of in some ITV period drama. Doesn't stop him taking the dollar for all the Heat magazine shoots though.
He is Welsh though........so that makes him a Welsh Wizard...Ho Ho ho

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Leicester won the Premier League the season before last, they have and can attract better players (market value) than us currently. Clubs have a variety of reasons why they sell players that are not always understood by the fans
Are Leicester a team we hope to takes some points from this season? As I have said, no doubting the lads talent but I think we should be looking to invest in someone with more experience at the higher level. So, I can't see any other Prem clubs fighting for this fella either.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Are Leicester a team we hope to takes some points from this season? As I have said, no doubting the lads talent but I think we should be looking to invest in someone with more experience at the higher level. So, I can't see any other Prem clubs fighting for this fella either.

We will be looking to take points off every team this season. It won't happen though. The facts are you have no idea at this stage whether this is going to happen or has any truth in it at all but like I said previously, I'll happily trust CH and the recruitment team if they feel he can add something to the squad

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Is he really better than what we have? Look at the goals he scored last season, and compare and contrast to our strikers and wingers. He would without doubt be an upgrade.

He scored less goals than all 3 of our strikers.

Can't say i'd be overly excited. He's been poor at Blackburn and Cardiff before his season at Ipswich, who virtually built a team around him last season.

£8m for 9 championship goals suggests we'd be far better shopping abroad.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Why ? Knockeart, Stephens and Dunk dont have much premier league experience and yet they are our most important players. The club pays a lot of money to Chris and the team to determine who will make it at the top regardless of whether they play there currrently or not. Equally there are players with plenty of Premier League experience who do well in their current set up which cannot necessarily be replicated elsewhere and again Chris is paid to spot these situations.

seagull winners

Sep 8, 2011
Tom Lawrence is a good player but for £7,000,000 we should have had England's most capped young player Nathaniel Chalabour. I prefer the Sky rumour that we are interested in Carl Jenkinson. I think Bruno has played some great football in the Championship and I really hope I am wrong but expecting a 36 year old to keep up with Raheem Sterling and Wilfred Zaha maybe a step too much to expect on a regular basis.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Tom Lawrence is a good player but for £7,000,000 we should have had England's most capped young player Nathaniel Chalabour. I prefer the Sky rumour that we are interested in Carl Jenkinson. I think Bruno has played some great football in the Championship and I really hope I am wrong but expecting a 36 year old to keep up with Raheem Sterling and Wilfred Zaha maybe a step too much to expect on a regular basis.

Zaha spends most of the time writhing in 'pain' on the ground....Should be straightforward keeping up with that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Hope that Sky rumour is just a rumour with no substance as I think Jenkinson is not an upgrade on Rosenior. Tom Lawrence is an interesting one as he has undoubted talent but how many support strikers/ forwards do we need. A direct competitor for a starting spot to Murray/Hemed is needed more I think.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He scored less goals than all 3 of our strikers.

Can't say i'd be overly excited. He's been poor at Blackburn and Cardiff before his season at Ipswich, who virtually built a team around him last season.

£8m for 9 championship goals suggests we'd be far better shopping abroad.

He can also play out wide, a la Baldock. We need someone who can compete with Baldock, and he has similar attributes. Also, you should look at the difference in chances created between us and Ipswich, it's hard to score many goals if you don't get many chances. Yes £8m does seem steep to me, I agree, but it's a lot easier said that done just to say we're better off shopping abroad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here