Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Lawrence

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm still working on trying to factor a 'Merry Christmas' gag into this thread. Any assistance most appreciated.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He can also play out wide, a la Baldock. We need someone who can compete with Baldock, and he has similar attributes. Also, you should look at the difference in chances created between us and Ipswich, it's hard to score many goals if you don't get many chances. Yes £8m does seem steep to me, I agree, but it's a lot easier said that done just to say we're better off shopping abroad.

If we're going to spend that much on a Championship player, i'd MUCH rather us bid for Jota.

The fact that he was left out of their squad for a friendly amid Premier League interests suggests they would sell for the right price. I don't buy all the b/s about Bloom and their chairman, Jota clearly wants to move on.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Lots of comments about competing with Baldock. The problem is that when he is on song Baldock is a super player, then he bends down to tie his boot laces up and is injured for 6 weeks with a strained muscle.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lots of comments about competing with Baldock. The problem is that when he is on song Baldock is a super player, then he bends down to tie his boot laces up and is injured for 6 weeks with a strained muscle.

He made 33 appearances and scored 11 times last season. He gets injured, who doesn't, but over the last 2 seasons at least has been fit for longer than you think.
Last season the same as Hemed, Stephens, Norwood and Duffy. And more than Skalak, March, Kayal, Bong and Sidwell.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Don't know about Jota, but the Bloom/Benham thing is definitely not b/s

No, I know it's not b/s.

But to say that we have no chance of ever signing a player from Brentford (as some have), seems completely over the top.

If Jota wants to leave, which the fact he was left out of the squad amidst interest suggests he does, and we bid the asking price, I don't think it would stop any deal.

That was what i was trying to say.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
IMG_1464.PNG
The man from the Argus he say No

The man from Mercury he say maybe

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Would be a great signing of true potential IMHO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
BBC"s Pat Murphy confirming interest from us but vague about whether its actually happening either to Derby or anywhere else. Pretty clear Leicester have still not decided to sell.

[tweet]891933262200885248[/tweet]

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
BBC"s Pat Murphy confirming interest from us but vague about whether its actually happening either to Derby or anywhere else. Pretty clear Leicester have still not decided to sell.

[tweet]891933262200885248[/tweet]

I wonder how Pat Murphy would know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here