Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'm already re-signing myself to a bun fight for the last scraps away at Burnley. Not confident on 251.

I'm 267 and not confident given there's a lot of higher numbers floating around on this thread, but was in top bracket for all of last season. So some sort of explanation would be nice.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I nearly posted something yesterday in response to [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION]'s post earlier in this thread saying, broadly, "does it matter, we can't use the points yet anyway?" comment which, whilst correct in some regard, is also too narrow a view.

As you say - why on earth make these changes without telling anyone? People WILL notice, people WILL contact the club to ask "what's going on with my points?" The club have just set themselves up for a significant influx of emails and calls that I'm sure they could do without.

At the very least, why not put out a news item on the club website, twitter and facebook saying something like "We will be making changes to the points system and you may notice your balance changing. Do not be concerned as we will notify all fans of these changes in the near future."

That's not the ideal though, of course, which would be communicate the mechanics of any schemes to all fans BEFORE making changes to points balances.

It's not difficult this stuff, is it?

Agree with you - they should have communicated in advance, or simply blocked the pages so no one could see it until they're done with a suitable 'under maintenance' message.

Still not worth worrying about for now though. Whatever the new system is, or whatever it's called, a significant % of fans will hate it as it doesn't suit their particular circumstances...........

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I can't even login, says I don't exist! Great the new website is as much of a shambles and the old one!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Agree with you - they should have communicated in advance, or simply blocked the pages so no one could see it until they're done with a suitable 'under maintenance' message.

Still not worth worrying about for now though. Whatever the new system is, or whatever it's called, a significant % of fans will hate it as it doesn't suit their particular circumstances...........

You mean the circumstances that they were amongst the first to be able to buy away tickets in previous seasons and now we're in the PL they may potentially not be? I'd say that's cause for 'hate'. Speculation of course and i'm sure they'll get the system right and fair (eventually).

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

It all reeks of the club not having a development / testing environment for their websites. Which is an all too common occurrence to be fair; I've never worked in an IT team that did have a separate testing environment. It's always: "Nah just do the coding on Live and try not to f**k it up"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You mean the circumstances that they were amongst the first to be able to buy away tickets in previous seasons and now we're in the PL they may potentially not be? I'd say that's cause for 'hate'. Speculation of course and i'm sure they'll get the system right and fair (eventually).

No idea - but whatever is done loads will hate it - they can't please everyone. Guaranteed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm not worried about loyalty points as I'm a 'lifetime' member of the AMS.

What?
Obviously the lifetime AMS gets the first tranche of tickets.

I'm guessing any left go to this 'loyalty' scheme, as the membership for AMS shut years ago.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A few days ago at The Amex...

"So we've got to the loyalty points update thing - how are we going to go about it?"

"Reckon we should just do it on the live system and get it out the way. Bish bash bosh."

"Shouldn't we send out a communication to let the fans know in case anyone notices? We don't want a deluge of emails and calls about it."

"Nah - it's the Summer - no one will be looking at this stuff. What's the worst that can happen?"

"Sounds like a plan - let's go!"

Two days later:

"Oh, they've all noticed. Who knew that was going to happen?"

"Get them off - just get those points off of there NOW."

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Oh yeah, STH points and Member points. WTF?!

sthp.JPG

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm intrigued to know what my points total has changed to but I cant find them.

I am using a phone that directs me to the mobile site, from which I have learned from this thread that I can't see them from.

There used to be a little link at the bottom of the mobile site that said "go to desktop site". That isn't there now. Is there a way to not be automatically directed to the mobile site from a phone?

In a way I'm glad I don't know so I can't be pissed off at this cluster**** just yet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can still see mine but they've moved; they're now under my address. And I have something called 'Member Points'. Is that new?

Good spot!

Season Ticket Holder Points 271 (STH points apply to CURRENT season ticket holders only)

Member Points 313 (Member points apply to CURRENT Bronze/YS Plus Members only)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Good spot!

Season Ticket Holder Points 271 (STH points apply to CURRENT season ticket holders only)

Member Points 313 (Member points apply to CURRENT Bronze/YS Plus Members only)

Have we all got 313 member points then? That's my number too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here