Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
???

I assume you are referring to Gross & Suttner as losers because we signed them from a relegated team. So on that basis, would you have also regarded Jermaine Defoe as a loser had we signed him from Sunderland ? and bloody hell Everton have recently paid £30m for a loser goalkeeper ! ???

there no sense to it, little one's just mithering ???

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
I would think that the recruitment teams info and analysis of a player is a lot better than the posters on here with their FIFA 16 or 17stats They deem him good enough for us to pay at the top of our price market so that is good enough for me.
Have you ever played FIFA?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Come on guys let's all just chill for a bit. I think the off season tension and excitement is getting to us .
Suttner has top flight experience and is an international- my glass is definitely half full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I see all of our signings as nothing more than just trying to survive... I will not hide my dejection at our strategy to go low budget, and alas I simply cannot get excited by this signing.

Elements, exciting acquisitions, may change in the coming weeks, and I sincerely hope they do. I admire the stance to safeguard our financial future I really do, but why not throw the dice just a little harder?

4 million on an ageing left-back just makes no sense to me. None-whatsoever.

The balance that Chris is going to have to strike this year is between bringing in upgrades in areas he thinks necessary and maintaining the team ethic that got us here. We were not a team of showy exciting acquisitions. We were a team of brothers willing to give extra for their colleagues and the ultimate goal. It may seem dull, but we cannot jeopardise that. No secret has been made of the fact that our scouting values character as well as talent. Even Knockaert, the supposed show-pony of the squad works his cojones off in every game. I've never seen Gross or Suttner play, but if they can prove themselves as determined and professional as Uwe showed himself to be last year when Duffy was injured, they will not let us down, whatever their age or past.

You may not be excited. You may not have been excited when Chris Hughton was appointed; I wasn't, but he has proved himself to be a great manager for this club. Follow Micky Adams' advice and keep the faith. Everyone that is brought in will have been carefully chosen to make steady improvement to the squad as a whole.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Let me elaborate re our recruitment:

x2 proven losers.
x1 reserve GK.

Top notch.

So by that assessment Jermain Defoe, having been in a relegated team, is a proven loser ?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
The balance that Chris is going to have to strike this year is between bringing in upgrades in areas he thinks necessary and maintaining the team ethic that got us here. We were not a team of showy exciting acquisitions. We were a team of brothers willing to give extra for their colleagues and the ultimate goal. It may seem dull, but we cannot jeopardise that. No secret has been made of the fact that our scouting values character as well as talent. Even Knockaert, the supposed show-pony of the squad works his cojones off in every game. I've never seen Gross or Suttner play, but if they can prove themselves as determined and professional as Uwe showed himself to be last year when Duffy was injured, they will not let us down, whatever their age or past.

You may not be excited. You may not have been excited when Chris Hughton was appointed; I wasn't, but he has proved himself to be a great manager for this club. Follow Micky Adams' advice and keep the faith. Everyone that is brought in will have been carefully chosen to make steady improvement to the squad as a whole.

Great post.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
???

I assume you are referring to Gross & Suttner as losers because we signed them from a relegated team. So on that basis, would you have also regarded Jermaine Defoe as a loser had we signed him from Sunderland ? and bloody hell Everton have recently paid £30m for a loser goalkeeper ! ???

Don't be ridiculous. Defoe is a proven top player over many, many seasons. No comparison.

Pickford is a HUGE gamble, but that's the going rate for genuine English talent. Agreed, out of our budget.

To compare Defoe and Pickford to Gross and Suttner is frankly a rather churlish attempt to generalise my point. Our two recent signings do not have any real proven longevity in a genuine top European division. Yes - nor does Pickford and yes he was undeniably part of a terrible team, yet he's young and undoubtedly an exciting prospect. Suttner is 30 for crying out loud. I wonder if we'd signed a 30 year old fullback from Sunderland, for 4 million!!!! you'd be quite so positive re his top flight promise and 'future?'

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Agreed. Great post.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Amazing. Hughton has got us from a bit of a pickle to where we are now, yet a few FIFA game managers start to question his judgement.

I'd like to be even a zero off of his promotion bonus, let him get on with it ffs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Jesus... errmmm no, just no.

The point is this. The commentary coming from Germany, including Kevin Hatchard, is that he is a decent signing for a team with our budget.

I don't think there is a lot of difference in real value between £3m and £8m these days. It's all down to the way in which potential and adaptability is identified. Knockaert is evidence. Stephens, originally at 750k, and Pritchard for £8m are also comparable cases.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Agreed. Great post.

512fc31b5bb4d9752d519a22b062fc94.gif

I couldn't agree more, or have said it better myself! By buying too many players and upsetting the current squad, we risk losing the team spirit which carried us through the tough times last year. I want to see those lads have a punt at the PL. Any additions have to be be in place of those that didn't make the grade last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here