Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

France Vs England 8pm

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We look ok going forward

Shouldn't have to score 3 to not lose.

The set up and system is all wrong - we should be playing the same system style as Liverpool and Spurs - considering the majority of players come from those two and it's not far from the Chelsea and City ways.

We have the players, we have good players.

Hardly beaten a player all night any of them.

Beezer

Feb 27, 2013
If my son played for a team where the manager was that tactically astute, I would pull him out.

Stumpy Tim

We look ok going forward

The set up and system is all wrong - we should be playing the same system style as Liverpool and Spurs - considering the majority of players come from those two and it's not far from the Chelsea and City ways.

We seem to play better with a back three though. Unfortunately our defenders are utterly clueless in possession. John Stones is a laughable footballer

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We could have been stuffed 5 or 6 tonight

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We look ok going forward

They're not as good as they think they are.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
We look ok going forward

We do have good players, not sure we have many/any world class players however and those who do perform in the Premier League seem incapable or unwilling in an England shirt

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Reckon Greer is quicker than Cahill

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Defence has let us down again (not that it matters)

Last few games against non minnows:

Iceland - Hart mistake
Wales - Hart mistake
Scotland - Hart mistakes
Germany - poor closing down and defending
France - basic defending poor

Horrendous defensively but then it's been a problem for years and I can't see the solution but it's not Jones and Cahill in a flat back four!!!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We seem to play better with a back three though. Unfortunately our defenders are utterly clueless in possession. John Stones is a laughable footballer

I just said the same to Charlie about Stones - Jones is somehow worse.

I would have jagielka ahead of both of them.

Keane will hopefully get a chance when back fit.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I am a staunch believer in the English Empire. I will defend my team no matter what........for this English 'team' I will make an exception . There are some there who should never be allowed near an England shirt ever again. I wouldn't say the frogs were a particularly good side, quite average with the usual histrionics. We were bloody awful and it's put me in a bad mood

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We do have good players, not sure we have many/any world class players however and those who do perform in the Premier League seem incapable or unwilling in an England shirt

I know it's a level below, but Alli has done some outrageous things this season, he never seems to do it for England - is it down to the pressure ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ we're shite...
To lightweight,no leadership and very disjointed amongst many other things.Poor tactics from a shite clueless manager to be frank.
If France had 9 men it would have been an even game :)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

We really don't. I'd love to think we do but we're miles away from being good. We could have lost by 5,6,7 tonight even with a man advantage. We weren't able to press, even against 10 men yet the French could do it at will, that's all about technique and confidence in that technique.....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We really don't. I'd love to think we do but we're miles away from being good. We could have lost by 5,6,7 tonight even with a man advantage. We weren't able to press, even against 10 men yet the French could do it at will, that's all about technique and confidence in that technique.....

Dier/Kane/Lallana/Walker/Tripper/Henderson/Alli/Kane/Sterling all manage to work the high press with ease at club level.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why the f**k do I do it. 49 years old I should know better, but no, every time I watch, I hope, I despair, I f**king despair.

Kane just said if we want to be brave, ffs lad.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I am a staunch believer in the English Empire. I will defend my team no matter what........for this English 'team' I will make an exception . There are some there who should never be allowed near an England shirt ever again. I wouldn't say the frogs were a particularly good side, quite average with the usual histrionics. We were bloody awful and it's put me in a bad mood
Disagree as thought the French looked a far better,bigger and stronger and with 10 men for 45 mins left they looked far better still and should have scored more.
We were utter tripe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here