Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Gomez

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
In the prem, with the quality of forwards we'll be up against, we will 100% need 4 CBs. To think Dunk or Duffy, as good as they are in the Champ, won't pick up cards against Sanchez, Aguero, Kane etc, is deluded.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm more concerned to have someone covering in front of the back 4 than the rearguard's composition.
We will tire. We will find ourselves out of position. We will be out thought. We need an extra body in there as cover on the pitch.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I do not understand all this hype about us getting tired is that not what the fitness coach job is to get us up and running at the required rate.

When you are chasing the ball out of possession and being moved around by opponents switching the ball it is much more tiring but more crucially the side dominating possession (it will rarely be us) have the reverse benefit of staying fresher.

Basic football stuff. Thought you might be known.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
When you are chasing the ball out of possession and being moved around by opponents switching the ball it is much more tiring but more crucially the side dominating possession (it will rarely be us) have the reverse benefit of staying fresher.

Basic football stuff. Thought you might be known.

He is. :lol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I accept that but why cant our fitness coaches get our squad up to that level.

I expect our players general fitness levels are up to prem standard but prem players tend to think and act that second faster, It makes a lot of difference to players stepping up.

larus

My point is that you know this, I know this, do you not think the fitness team wont and so will adjust the training and fitness level accordingly.

Yes, but you can't train someone to run flat out for 90 minutes. If that's all there is to it, then everyone would be running sub 2 hour marathons. "Just down to training mate".

It's pretty obvious. If you have players with less skill, you need to work harder to chase/close down. There is only so much you can do before the body burns the energy it has and you get tired. AS players get tired, the brain works slower and the muscles react slower too. Do you understand the basics of fitness and training, as i guess things will have changed a lot from your time of playing, being involved.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
The players are playing 8 games less this year, which by logic means more rest time between games. Don't think tiredness should be a factor with any of them if they are fit! Also the only way players are going to get premier league experience, is to play in the premier league! I'm not sold on the idea that just because someone has played in the premier league for x amount of games makes them a superior player to our current players. Its the same rules over the same match time just a step up in quality. If you're good enough, experience shouldn't be a big factor. If that was the case then why didn't we go and sign John Terry? He's got bags of premier experience but l would prefer to have Dunk or Duffy in my team!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do not understand all this hype about us getting tired is that not what the fitness coach job is to get us up and running at the required rate.

Come on @BG - it's pretty simple, our players will have to run more than theirs, because their players are better. They will be as fit, but they'll do more work.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They could really do with Bournemouth getting promoted, so they can sell their overrated crap to them again.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10210481 said:
Apparently, Liverpool have set an asking price of £23m this summer.

SING HIM UP Barbar!

I would be all over this signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here