Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities/sportsmen/sportswomen in Unlikely Places

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Saw Fatboy Slim and Frank Skinner at a cafe on the beach by the west pier. We joined them and they were both really lovely. Skinner was saying there is only one Albion and Norman signed my 2003 or 2004 (i forget) play off final ticket.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Saw her in The Paradox on West Street about 20 years ago.

Must have been her local, I met her in there about that time and shed her for a dance, she said yes! 😁 She was with Rhino from gladiators in the club.

Richard Armitage of Spooks fame in Grenoble airport. He had a baseball cap on very low down going nobody would spot him getting on easy jet!😁 got a photo of him with my wife, told him it was my wife's birthday and she nearly fainted. :love:

Paul Casey in magic kingdom orlando.

Chris Kamara holding court outside a bar in Le Tour ski resort.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Must have been her local, I met her in there about that time and shed her for a dance, she said yes! �� She was with Rhino from gladiators in the club.

I saw her a few times in there back then.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Vicente in the Wick with Calde, not one person in the pub flinched or were aware who he was.

The very same pair riding borris bikes along Piccadilly. The week after Vicente had signed and popped out from work to grab a sarnie and they were at the traffic lights as I crossed.

Gave them a cheeky SEAGULLS! as they cycled off, Vicente looked bemused but Calderon gave a hearty thumbs up and huge grin.

Also saw Carl Jackson and Linford Christie attacking the breakfast buffet at the Holiday Inn, Bristol in the late 80's.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Paul Yates barged into me coming out of a shop in Oxford Street, called me an c##t and said I needed to watch where I was going and started rambling obscenities to my then girlfriend. Absolute lunatic. Two days later she was dead.

Blimey.

I wouldn't want to fall out with you.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
....She was with Rhino from gladiators in the club.

I've met Katie Price a couple of times (she was okay, but I wouldn't say she was nice) - the first time when she was with 'Ace' from Gladiators. Met her again a year or two later at a fashion show, where she explained to my friend who was working behind the scenes that she had a completely shaved *cough* - and offered to show him!

Talking of Gladiators, I played a bit of tonsil-tennis with 'Rio' at the 1992 (i think) Hastings Beer Festival when she was working for the Ambulance Service. We all used to go out in a group. She was a great girl - very funny. Lost touch many years ago.

More will come to me, I'm sure.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Numerous occasions in my game, albeit in not very strange settings of hotels, restaurants etc, so how about nondescript Icelandic plodder Hermann Hreidearsson on the Isle of Wight ferry?

Paul Weller is the most famous person I've ever seen, but he wasn't somewhere unusual (not for him anyway) he was on stage at The Brighton Centre singing 'Sunflower'

Second most famous person I've ever seen is the bloke that played Marcus Tandy in Eldorado, he was in a bookies in St James Street

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Jack Charlton in a cafe in Blatchington Road late 80's.
Newport County goalkeeper Joe Day at my eldest sisters Birthday party last Sunday(he's my great nephew, so probably doesn't count)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dunno if it's still there but there was a bar next to the Conservative Club in Union Road Worthing opposite the old police station. I was in there in the late 90s with my brother and we noticed the bloke who was collecting the glasses was that actor who played Pete Beale in Eastenders. He must have fallen on very hard times to get that gig.

Also had an all-day breakfast below the backpackers' hostel in North Road, Brighton and the chap who was cooking it was one of the presenters from the kids' programme Number 73. He wasn't impressed when I asked if he used to be on the telly.

"Still am, mate."

Okay then.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Patricia Hayes in the Worthing Argos store in 1975
REM performing at the Carioca Club in Worthing
Supertramp performing at the Worthing Youth Ball
Lemmy and the entire Hawkwind band and road crew plus naked dancer Stacia in the Wing Wah Chinese takeaway in Worthing having met them in the dressing room at the Assembly hall after their gig 30 mins earlier and having had Lemmy sign my North Stand silk scarf .
Jodie Kidd in WH Smiths in Horsham my my she is tall .
Perry Digweed in Langans restaurant London .

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Paul Weller is the most famous person I've ever seen, but he wasn't somewhere unusual (not for him anyway) he was on stage at The Brighton Centre singing 'Sunflower'

My daughter sat behind Paul Weller and his family on a Ryanair flight to Spain once. Ryanair for goodness sake!!

scooter1

How soon is now?
Will Hoskns at the First Choice Holiday Village in Tenerife in 2012, most days over the course of 2 weeks.
Brian Robson in the KFC queue at the M40 services after the league cup(not sure who sponsors it these days)at the end of Feb this year. Shook his hand, said hello and then he got hassled for about an hour for selfies whilst waiting for his zinger tower burger

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Patricia Hayes in the Worthing Argos store in 1975
REM performing at the Carioca Club in Worthing
Supertramp performing at the Worthing Youth Ball
Lemmy and the entire Hawkwind band and road crew plus naked dancer Stacia in the Wing Wah Chinese takeaway in Worthing having met them in the dressing room at the Assembly hall after their gig 30 mins earlier and having had Lemmy sign my North Stand silk scarf .
Jodie Kidd in WH Smiths in Horsham my my she is tall .
Perry Digweed in Langans restaurant London .

Stacia wasn't still naked in the Wing Wah, was she?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here