Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities/sportsmen/sportswomen in Unlikely Places

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I sold Mary Decker (US athlete Zola Budd tripped up during the LA Olympics) and choc ice in the newsagent in Crawley where I worked as a teenager. Must have been around 1985.

My brother bumped into Chris Eubank by accident walking along the street. Eubank said sorry.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Cilla Black doing her gardening, in wellies and a cardie, spotted from Denis Wise's conservatory.

Heidi Range (Sugababes) in her apartment block lift with some boyband kid who was apparently also famous.

Rachel Stevens (she's TINY!) at her home in London

Diana Rigg - who answered the door to me in her nightie, made me a cuppa, and didn't give a sh*t. Lovely lady. I could have spent all day talking to her - she's got some stories, I tell thee!
Are you a plumber, and what's your chat up line?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not sure if planes are strange places but I've seen quite a few famous people. Sat behind the two lesser known Sex Pistols once. Arctic Monkeys. The Kooks. Bloke from Slaves. Hot Chip twice. Sat across from Dame Shirley Williams once. Andy Weatherall come to immediate mind.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A few years ago, when he was playing for Hampshire, found myself browsing through the same racks in TK Maxx as Shane Warne.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Once saw Richard E Grant in Soho the day before I went on holiday to New York. Two days later, saw him in Central Park.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Noel Gallagher in New Look (opposite churchil sq) Feb 2001. Was walking around with a woman.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Saw David Seaman on the Pier with his Daughter, I have a picture somewhere.

Yakubu walking though selfridges.

Vicente in the Wick with Calde, not one person in the pub flinched or were aware who he was.

Patsy Palmer made me a bacon sandwich one moring, as id stayed at her house, had no idea she was their mum.

Dermet O'leary doing a huge line of coke at glasonbury.

Gavin, from gavin and stacy at a maccabees gig.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Tony Adams (Adam Chance in Crossroads) in the Collonade bar at the Theatre Royal. He was telling me about his boat at the Marina which he lived on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's quality - wonder if they did meet in the bar.

I loved the way that he just assumed that I knew what Arthur Browne looked like, which clearly I didn't unless he had turned up with fire coming from a mask and semi naked. Anyway I was there to meet a girlfriend, and left when she arrived so I have no idea how it all worked out :smile:

On another occasion I was checking in behind Nikki Lauda's wife who was checking in about 12 pieces of luggage, not impressed!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Paul Yates barged into me coming out of a shop in Oxford Street, called me an c##t and said I needed to watch where I was going and started rambling obscenities to my then girlfriend. Absolute lunatic. Two days later she was dead.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

She used to live in a Mayfair flat that adjoined the office I worked in (mid 90s). Often said hello as she was regularly out on the roof garden with her kids, and we used ours for lunch/fag breaks etc

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Paul Yates barged into me coming out of a shop in Oxford Street, called me an c##t and said I needed to watch where I was going and started rambling obscenities to my then girlfriend. Absolute lunatic. Two days later she was dead.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

She killed your girlfriend :eek:

nelson73

Jan 9, 2014
lancing
got chatting to kevin davies in linekers bar in tenerife back in 98.decent fella.and seeing the much sort after at the time micky tonge of sheffield utd having to be carried back to his hotel in broad day light

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here