Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who did you think was the most exciting signing Albion have made

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bobby first time was massive. £100k on a new striker? Awesome stuff... CMS, for a then record fee was huge too, but it'll always be Vicente. Capped for Spain, subject to a ludicrous Real Madrid bid when at Valencia and a huge talent.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Jimmy Case as he still had plenty of years left in him (as proved when he then went on to Southampton). Although not quite in their prime, Frank Worthington and Joe Corrigan were pretty good signings at the time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I agree that he was Albion's most exciting player eventually, but when he was signed from Burton for £4000 (?) no one knew about him. He played in the reserves for some time and scoring on a regular basis. It was when Wardy took Fred Binney's place away to Hereford that most of us sat up and took notice. Getting his debut goal in the first minute helped, and I woz there!

so was I.
living in Shrewsbury at the time

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Frank worthington

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Vicente by a country mile .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Without thinking too much - a couple from long ago and now.

Jimmy Case. As a child in the 70s when it seemed everyone supported Liverpool. That was a signing and a half.

More recently Wayne Bridge.

Vicente ? Yes amazing to see him in the stripes - but you have to ask yourself - if he is that good why Brighton ? I think in the end we found out why.

With the other two - they could have easily had success in another Old Division One / Premier League Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here