Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Rumour [Robert Snodgrass]

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Why wouldn't he be a certain starter ?. Maybe he would and maybe he wouldn't.

Are you thinking Anthony Knockeart will be a certain starter in 38 premiership games next season ? I certainly wouldn't have thought so. There will be teams we will come up against where we will need to just absolutely pack the midfield and have backs to the wall defending for 90 minutes

I've no idea if he'd be a certain starter. But at 29 and for £8m plus say £60 grand a week he needs to be really wouldn't you say? That's a significant portion of our budget, too much for a squad player. No one will play every game although I suspect we will try to keep a settled side more than most. But he would need be a stand out player for me and I just don't think he is. If we sign him I won't be crying, the bloke is no Richard Tiltman, but I think we should be looking elsewhere especially as we need to try to get the average age of this side down a bit too (I know that is not a priority this season but we do)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The problem with that, is they have no premier league experience, and too many new faces without experience could upset the balance and camaraderie in the team. Snodgrass will be similar to adding Sidwell. He is proven and professional. I would still like to see some overseas players coming in, but not too many.

I think in Murray, Sidwell, Bruno we have top flight experience, and possibly Stockdale to add to that too. That's as much as Bournemouth had. I'd rather bring in players that saw us as a step up in their careers, rather than as a step down or just another pay day. The likes of Josh King, Callus Wilson and Stanislas have helped establish Bournemouth, they may have got relegated with journeymen.

We also had the oldest squad in the Championship and I fancy the likes of Knocky, Stephens, Kayal, Duffy will have no problem mentally with the Prem

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I've no idea if he'd be a certain starter. But at 29 and for £8m plus say £60 grand a week he needs to be really wouldn't you say? That's a significant portion of our budget, too much for a squad player. No one will play every game although I suspect we will try to keep a settled side more than most. But he would need be a stand out player for me and I just don't think he is. If we sign him I won't be crying, the bloke is no Richard Tiltman, but I think we should be looking elsewhere especially as we need to try to get the average age of this side down a bit too (I know that is not a priority this season but we do)

There is no way that Robert will be on £60k per week. I think we just have to agree to disagree as to what the team might need. I think the team as it stands is actually lacking players with level of Premiership experience that he has and the average age of the team is irrelevant in the first year in this league.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
There is no way that Robert will be on £60k per week. I think we just have to agree to disagree as to what the team might need. I think the team as it stands is actually lacking players with level of Premiership experience that he has and the average age of the team is irrelevant in the first year in this league.

I know you know more than me on these things but do you think he'd not be on that sort of money if he's just moved for £10m?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I know you know more than me on these things but do you think he'd not be on that sort of money if he's just moved for £10m?

No............You have a massive group of players on a ''nucleus salary band'' and then you start to get players who go well beyond that but I have a feeling Robert isn't one of them. Obviously I can't be sure but his last two clubs prior to West Ham were not known for being the biggest payers in the country, so it wouldn't have taken a massive rise to tempt someone away from Hull.

In fact some might say they would take a pay cut to get out of Hull................ I jest of course for anyone living in Hull

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think Snodgrass would be a good buy. I expect we'll often play 4-2-3-1 and if that's the case we'll need someone who can put the work in on the left hand side. I just can't see Knocky on the right and Solly on the left as starters too often. He's got Premier League experience and if he's 29 he's hardly past it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Let's not make the mistake of looking too far ahead here. All that we should be interested in is the short term for now, and attracting players that can keep us up for next season. We don't need young prospects that we can blood for the future, but established Premier League players with good sound heads on them.

Assuming we do that, then we can move on to the next stage, and slowly try to establish ourselves over a greater period of time. First things first, Rome wasn't built in a day.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Let's not make the mistake of looking too far ahead here. All that we should be interested in is the short term for now, and attracting players that can keep us up for next season. We don't need young prospects that we can blood for the future, but established Premier League players with good sound heads on them.

Assuming we do that, then we can move on to the next stage, and slowly try to establish ourselves over a greater period of time. First things first, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Keep us up?? are you suggesting we won't WIN the Premier League next season?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Snodgras seems to be becoming the achetypal journeyman premiership player, lurching from poor team to poor team. He could do a job, and I guess for a season or two that's what we'll need.
Ince, f**k no.

If he helps to keep us up, we won't need him for any longer, he will have done the job we bought him for.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I've just got doubts as I don't think he will enhance what we already have.

He scored 7 in 20 games for Hull. He scored 6 both previous seasons at Norwich.

As above, that's more than Sterling, Sane, Rashford.

We desperately need goals (as Middlesbrough proved) to stay up. Not quite sure who people are expecting us to sign this summer, think they may well be very disappointed.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Would be an excellent signing. Upgrade on all our wingers bar knocky who is on a par.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Journeyman for me whose wages would be high, not a big fan, is he better than Knockaert, not for me, its all about opinions.I'd rather take a gamble on the Japanese guy we have shown an interest in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here