Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Cops or team Kids?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Police. Definitely. Kids telling them to '**** off' to their faces... no respect, and once they start lashing out, they can't be surprised if they end up pinned to the ground.

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
A few years ago, my stepson was beaten up (18 at the time) by a gang of 'kids' about 15 strong, much the same as those in the video. He was left with permanent brain damage from the said 'kids' taking it in turns to kick him in the head whilst he was unconscious on the ground. It was actually stated in court that one of the girls, yes I said girl, complained that she hurt her foot whilst doing so. They also spat on, stamped on and bit him. The ages of 'the kids' were 14-16. They had already been told by police to go home from the park but had just moved to another area. Old fart alert again, When I was that age, we had more respect for the police, too many teenagers these days don't have respect for anybody, including their parents. Biased opinion I know, without knowing whats gone before, there is some kind of arrest taking place that they're not happy about, abusive language and body language alone gives me the idea the 'kids' aren't going anywhere. so I'm with the police on this

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Cocky little ****s didn't like it when the going got tough did they - you could hear them crying as things turned nasty. Pity the police don't flex their mucscle more where these ****wits are concerned. Some of these kids make neighbours lives a misery with their 'I can do what I want I'm untouchable behaviour'. Suspect the said people on Facebook seeing it as police brutality are the parents who think that their little darlings can do no wrong.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Team cops. I don't think the police covered their self in glory in this instance but ask yourself if you were told told disperse in that situation would you kick a copper......swear.....push and mouth off continuously and expect to get away with it? It didn't look good but the kids were asking for it.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Lots of people at fault in that clip.

I can't believe a trained police officer can come out with a line such as, "You'll start getting nicked, you'll start getting nicked, all of you motherf***ers are going to get nicked."

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I can't believe a trained police officer can come out with a line such as, "You'll start getting nicked, you'll start getting nicked, all of you motherf***ers are going to get nicked."

Oh I don’t know
Its got a certain ring to it.

Perhaps the next time they are attending a demo where the usual violent lefties in balaclavas are pizzing on and scrawling graffiti on war memorials and screaming “Nazi scum” in their faces they can hammer out a good rendition of it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Found an article in The Mail with an police statement acknowledging it, so it is real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-shocking-video-officers-fight-youths.html
Fair enough - it did really happen then. Still think the police handling of the situation is appalling; the kids were gobby and disrespectful, and I'm not exactly brimming up with sympathy for them (!) - bunch of little shites I'm sure - but it was the police that escalated the situation, big time, which is inexcusable given the amount of training they receive and their remit to keep the peace.
I can see disciplinary procedures following this - and quite rightly. Questions should be asked of their commanding officer too - is it normal to send in such a large force mob handed to do a TSG style take out of a bunch of kids? Half the time it takes hours to get even a CPSO out to a reported incident!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Lots of people at fault in that clip.

Agree. No police officer should be shooting off the F word when handling any situation. Complete lack of self control. The bald cop at the end was calmness personified, the agressive dark-haired cop shouldn't be doing that job.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Good point. Whoever's behind the camera manages to have no interaction with anyone there despite being very close to events. Not one policeman asks them to stop filming, to leave etc.

That's because the police have no right to stop them filming. Anyone can film anything they like in public, including the police. At least they got that bit right.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A few years ago, my stepson was beaten up (18 at the time) by a gang of 'kids' about 15 strong, much the same as those in the video. He was left with permanent brain damage from the said 'kids' taking it in turns to kick him in the head whilst he was unconscious on the ground. It was actually stated in court that one of the girls, yes I said girl, complained that she hurt her foot whilst doing so. They also spat on, stamped on and bit him. The ages of 'the kids' were 14-16. They had already been told by police to go home from the park but had just moved to another area. Old fart alert again, When I was that age, we had more respect for the police, too many teenagers these days don't have respect for anybody, including their parents. Biased opinion I know, without knowing whats gone before, there is some kind of arrest taking place that they're not happy about, abusive language and body language alone gives me the idea the 'kids' aren't going anywhere. so I'm with the police on this

Jesus Christ mate, thats awful to hear.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's because the police have no right to stop them filming.

Yeh right - and that never happened to some poor tourist in Brighton recently did it.........

Can't find the link to the NSC thread on it, but it's there somewhere.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
I'm with the police here. The mouthy little snowflakes obviously thought that they were safe with a camera running. Glad to see them proved wrong.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Police. All day long.

If that was my kid gobbing off to the Police like that he'd be frogmarched home by his left ear.

If any one of those little idiots got beaten up, mugged, robbed, or felt in danger they'd soon search out a Police Officer with a rather rapid change of attitude.

Before a critique of Policing style, I think we need to ask the question of where respect for the people employed to protect us has gone. If you can't talk sense to those kids, what do you do? Wait until it's past their bedtime and they'll go home when they've had enough of calling you names and squaring up to you?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Team kids all the way. Absolutely no need for that shit. (unless the lead up to the start of the video is much worse).

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I think we need to ask the question of where respect for the people employed to protect us has gone.

If they were protecting us more often than constantly picking on easy targets, I'd imagine the respect would still be there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If they were protecting us more often than constantly picking on easy targets, I'd imagine the respect would still be there.

Kids are easy targets? Are you sure about that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here