Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Confirmed on Villa twitter via the worst 'official signing reveal' ever, bar none. This is ****ing TERRIBLE:

[tweet]881840731551391744[/tweet]

If that carried on for another 5 mins, you would have seen all the players removing wives and girlfriends from the group.

Oh and that comment that he's the greatest defender the club has ever had!!!! He's not fit to clean Paul McGrath's boots.

I think the constant stream of games in the Championship is going to break him, but if he can help get a winning mentality there it could make the difference.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I reckon it's a terrible signing. He's slower than most of the first choice defenders in the Championship. He's not getting any quicker. His performances for Chelsea last season were distinctly unimpressive, even in a back three and even considering that the rest of the team was absolutely on fire. His range of passing is limited and he won't help them to transition quickly. Lots of people are judging him based on the utterly collossal player he was 10 years ago. He DOES bring PASHUN, I'll give him that.

Plus he's an industrial strength MELT.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Went for the money obviously.

That said, if he can stay fit I think Villa are the absolute favourites for promotion now surely, they have a really talented squad anyway.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I reckon it's a terrible signing. He's slower than most of the first choice defenders in the Championship. He's not getting any quicker. His performances for Chelsea last season were distinctly unimpressive, even in a back three and even considering that the rest of the team was absolutely on fire. His range of passing is limited and he won't help them to transition quickly. Lots of people are judging him based on the utterly collossal player he was 10 years ago. He DOES bring PASHUN, I'll give him that.

Plus he's an industrial strength MELT.

I'm not a fan of John Terry the human being at all. But half of what you've written is utter gash. His passing range is limited? Have you ever seen him play?! He's as good a passer of the ball from CB as there's been in the Premier League over the last 10 years, and that's off both feet.

He barely played last year, so is it any wonder his form dropped when he popped in for a game or two?

You are, however, correct about him not getting any quicker. I'd be surprised if he doesn't eat up most Championship strikers though, whose movement won't be a patch of the Premier League strikers he's played against. Plus, you know, he is a proven organiser of defences. So you'd assume whatever weaknesses he has will be covered quite well once that unit has been playing together regularly.

So I disagree. In fact, I'm still laughing a bit about just how much rubbish you've written and I'm still not entirely sure you've seen him play.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I love the last sentence here.

IMG_8853.PNG

(Cleverly positioned screen grab, I admit, but I appreciate the BBC wording. I think they knew what they were doing).

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Have villa got a very fast centre back to work alongside him? He'll also need resting for at least a dozen games so who covers him then?
This could be bad for him with most championship sides having a young speedster and/or a gnarly ******* up front who loves a bit of niggle. Not a combination to relish when your physical powers are waning.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Wouldn't have wanted him here, but fair play to him, could have earned plenty more at the retirement pastures of MLS or China, obviously still up for a challenge, will certainly get that in the Championship. Be interesting to see how he does. Villa still got parachute money, and he's only on a 1 season deal, so not a massive gamble.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Have villa got a very fast centre back to work alongside him? He'll also need resting for at least a dozen games so who covers him then?
This could be bad for him with most championship sides having a young speedster and/or a gnarly ******* up front who loves a bit of niggle. Not a combination to relish when your physical powers are waning.

Tommy Elphick will cover him. A championship winning captain. Villa have a massive squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here