Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton determined to get Toure!!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
IF Swansea went down then Leroy Fer could be an option.

Signed for Norwich under Chris Hughton but....and this is a big but.....he is CURSED.

Relegated with Norwich and QPR.......and maybe Swansea this year :lolol:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Obviously ridiculous but it wasn't too long ago that I was getting excited about a rumour we were after Geoff Horsfield. Puts how far we have risen into perspective a bit...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I know its an unusual concept .............but some players are well minted and need a challenge and Brighton is a very nice place to live some say so anything is possible

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Can't see us paying that either!

Think you'll be horrified/surprised at what we have to pay to compete but I would expect our top wage earner next season to be at this type of level, and IF we survive and want to challenge for a top half finish or a cup then we'll need to be paying half the squad that!

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's his birthday on Saturday so can't NSCers club together and send him a cake? That should do it.

"Hi Yaya, just got the offer in from China, £300k per week, 2 year contract plus signing on fee, moving costs, and a private jet for you to use"

"did they send a cake?"

"what?"

"did they send a cake, it's my birthday, just wondered if they were showing me a bit of love?"

"no, they didn't send a friggin' cake, they've offered you £28m to play football over 2 years"

"right, it's just that Brighton fans have sent me this lovely cake, with icing, sprinkles, maltesers in this cool sort of sculpture"

"**** Brighton, they were offering about £50k per week, its bullshit"

"I know you're my agent and you get a percentage, but let me text you a shot of this cake, I think you'll change your mind.."

":wanker:"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A clearly immense signing this would be.

But we have absolutely no hope. Total nonsense story.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Our recruitment team is probably just going through the motions and introducing themselves to clubs and agents. They need to get a feel of the market and the best way to do this is by being proactive and collecting data. Maybe we can afford one luxury player and we are just testing the water? Who knows, but we do need a special signing who can produce a bit of magic from midfield.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Our recruitment team is probably just going through the motions and introducing themselves to clubs and agents. They need to get a feel of the market and the best way to do this is by being proactive and collecting data. Maybe we can afford one luxury player and we are just testing the water? Who knows, but we do need a special signing who can produce a bit of magic from midfield.

Or it might be fake news. Journos (especially sports ones) have spun fake stories since before Zuckerberg was in nappies.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
"Hi Yaya, just got the offer in from China, £300k per week, 2 year contract plus signing on fee, moving costs, and a private jet for you to use"

"did they send a cake?"

"what?"

"did they send a cake, it's my birthday, just wondered if they were showing me a bit of love?"

"no, they didn't send a friggin' cake, they've offered you £28m to play football over 2 years"

"right, it's just that Brighton fans have sent me this lovely cake, with icing, sprinkles, maltesers in this cool sort of sculpture"

"**** Brighton, they were offering about £50k per week, its bullshit"

"I know you're my agent and you get a percentage, but let me text you a shot of this cake, I think you'll change your mind.."

":wanker:"

Love this
It's exactly how it would play out as well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here