Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the Albion offer an away season ticket next year, would you buy one?

Would you buy an Albion away season ticket for the Premier League?

• Yes - I want to get to every away game

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Yes - I would to ensure I could get to the big games even if I have unused tickets for others

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 78 53.1%

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I do my fair share of away days but could in no way commit to an away season ticket on top of a home season ticket for a multitude of reasons. I hate the idea of a more wealthy fan buying an away season ticket to secure their seat for big games simply because they can afford to, and then seeing that ticket go to waste for the other less glamorous games.

The system works how it is and I don't see an issue with selling away tickets on a match-by-match basis, those who deserve to get tickets to the big away days will.

Understand your points but when you live a 400 mile round trip from a home game it gives a different perspective. :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hmm if it was the only way to go to away games I'd have to cut other things out of my life, like eating.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
(No, I have no inside knowledge nor am I conducting some sly market research for the club)

If the Albion offered an "away season ticket" next year, would you buy one?

Yep, and if Hull / Burnley/Stoke away happens to be on a Tuesday night I might give it a miss.

just to guarantee a seat for all the more tasty games.

Yep but would probably go to 10 games max

These /\/\/\/\ are exactly why this would be a TERRIBLE idea. Its going to be bad enough next year that there will only be 3,000 seats for away fans, without a couple of hundred sitting empty at half the games.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If the club did offer this, which I think is a very good idea, I'd like it to be reasonably limited though. If average away allocation is something like 3,000, no more than say 200-300 of the away season tickets, although I doubt the club would shift even that many to be honest. Although it's a good idea, I don't think there's a lot of people who'd be all over it.

I disagree with your numbers. I 'think' we had about 240 platinum ticket holders (i.e. those who purchased every away ticket available) when it was cancelled a couple of years ago.

Now, with the likes of the London games plus the 4 in Manchester/Liverpool, I would imagine we'd have to cap it this time as I'm sure we'd have more than 3,000 apply, especially if like Palace you can opt out of 3 games.

As you suggest maybe cap it at 1500 max otherwise the same 3,000 are going to go to every game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I disagree with your numbers. I 'think' we had about 240 platinum ticket holders (i.e. those who purchased every away ticket available) when it was cancelled a couple of years ago.

Now, with the likes of the London games plus the 4 in Manchester/Liverpool, I would imagine we'd have to cap it this time as I'm sure we'd have more than 3,000 apply, especially if like Palace you can opt out of 3 games.

As you suggest maybe cap it at 1500 max otherwise the same 3,000 are going to go to every game.

Other than saving a little bit of admin, what possible benefit does the club get out of such a scheme?

I'd personally 'cap it' at ONE - for Mr A.Bloom.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
These /\/\/\/\ are exactly why this would be a TERRIBLE idea. Its going to be bad enough next year that there will only be 3,000 seats for away fans, without a couple of hundred sitting empty at half the games.

But those will be the games that wont sell out anyway, won't they? We could all name them now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But those will be the games that wont sell out anyway, won't they? We could all name them now.

I'm not sure we could - a lot depends on dates / times.

Reading away would sell out on a Saturday 3pm, but would Liverpool away on a Monday night?

My bigger point though, is that people's LIVES don't always fall into line with Sky's scheduling. If someone with an away ST simply cannot make three games, through work / family / other commitments, what's to say they won't be Arsenal, United or Chelsea? Would be hugely frustrating if there were any empty seats at those matches. Coupled with the club's recent muscle-flexing about passing on tickets, I reckon the whole idea, is a really bad one.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Great idea. Pre-sell 2000 keeping1000 per game in reserve to sell to the less fanatical among us (or more likely the 1901's with their extra loyalty points) :lol:

The Platinum scheme (every 1st team game, home and away) got cancelled two years ago...through low take-up, I think. I suspect demand would be higher next season though!

My decision on whether I bought one would depend entirely on whether they capped the number of away tix they allocated to the scheme - any fewer than 2k, and I wouldn't, as I'd be confident of picking a ticket up for the games I'd want to go to (I go to 50-60% of away games). Over 2k, and I would - but I'd also then question the point of having a LP scheme at all.

As we'll only get 1200 tickets for Bournemouth there is no way the club could sell 2000 away ST's!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes, but would they still sell you the shit seats? So by getting this are you guaranteeing every single away game you have the worst seats in the allocation?

If they guarantee the best seats in the away allocation then yes I would.

No.

Terrible idea, all it would achieve is to ensure the wealthiest fans get to see the big games while those who have built up loyalty points miss out.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I do my fair share of away days but could in no way commit to an away season ticket on top of a home season ticket for a multitude of reasons. I hate the idea of a more wealthy fan buying an away season ticket to secure their seat for big games simply because they can afford to, and then seeing that ticket go to waste for the other less glamorous games.

The system works how it is and I don't see an issue with selling away tickets on a match-by-match basis, those who deserve to get tickets to the big away days will.

My thoughts precisely. Some people with deep pockets will easily be able to afford an away season ticket, and would be happy to spend in the certain knowledge that they'll have no hassle getting to see the "big games", and won't bother attending the less glamorous ones. The less affluent, but more honest supporter, may then be forced to miss out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There were about 40 odd platinum members.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As has been said, both home and away games next year are going to be moved about quite a bit, with the standard ogre of Sky, opponents possibly having Cup runs or European commitments.

Times and days will have a significant effect both HOME and AWAY upon whether little Johnny can go watch Chelsea or Man Utd with his parent(s).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What would happen to the eagerly await NSC threads ahead of each away game, what will the points threshold be, followed by club announced, then deluge of I'm just under. nowhere near, then on sale dates, I've got tickets, to sold out, any spares, beamback,

It would all be rather boring if tickets all sold pre season.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What would happen to the eagerly await NSC threads ahead of each away game, what will the points threshold be, followed by club announced, then deluge of I'm just under. nowhere near, then on sale dates, I've got tickets, to sold out, any spares, beamback,

It would all be rather boring if tickets all sold pre season.

.....will they be PotG?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here