Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This woman was standing to be our Home Secretary. That's a very important role, and whomever wants to fill it needs to be up to the job and scrutinised to ensure they are. But no, the Guardian thinks she's been bullied:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...abbott-bullying-shadow-home-secretary-attacks

Oh, and they think it's the Tories fault, and orchestrated to be two days from the election - this thread is over a month old!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If only we had a few more weeks of campaigning, Labour would landslide this. That would be magnificent. A government that cares about people, is willing to deal with unpleasant people to solve problems, is actually friendly and will gone not Brexit negotiations in a civil manner that gets people back on our side and gets results.

But the cowards and the selfish and the blind will all vote Tory again.

Bit early to hit the sauce dear boy. Top trolling as ever Clampy continuously looking for a bite or nibble on that hook. :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bit early to hit the sauce dear boy. Top trolling as ever Clampy continuously looking for a bite or nibble on that hook. :lolol:

It's not trolling son, I mean every word of it. That's part of the problem with right wingers like May, they refuse to take anyone but themselves seriously. It's a selfish trait of the right but luckily it's usually their undoing.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Her recent poor performances are explained by the fact that she's a shit politician. She hasn't been stumbling and looking ill, she's been speaking in her trademark slow and patronising way, while trying to bluff her way through answers. The only difference between now and the past is that we have an election coming up where she's standing as a member of the shadow cabinet. In previous elections she's not had to do any interview of importance.

That't the bit I really hate. She doesn't appear to have the intellect to be an MP, let alone hold an important ministerial post. She is even worse than Boris and his blustering buffoonery.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at Labour headquarters this week after each of her car crash interviews.. Being at Tory headquarters after TM's "strong and stable" U turns must have been a giggle as well.

Good move by Corbyn but he should have done it weeks ago.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That't the bit I really hate.
Blackadder, Blackadder please. You know. You know
as well as I do
that if I can make this sentence last for 5 minutes
we'll have run out of time.

Good move by Corbyn but he should have done it weeks ago.
Indeed. The media could then have put the same questions to Lyn Brown to see if she's up to the job. Realising your mistake the day before the election is simply not good enough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair to the Guardian, that article is clear that she's being objectively shit at her job as well as implying bullying.
The whole country knows she's been shit, even the dimwitted Corbyn has realised, so the Guardian know they can't pretend otherwise, and this bullshit about bullying is simply trying to detract from the real issue - that Corbyn was happy for her to be Shadow Home Secretary.

The only other interview I remember of a lead politician being so out of their depth was Natalie Bennett. And that was one interview. Abbott manages it every interview. Incompetence on that level, from someone who could be our Home Secretary, needs to be addressed. It's not bullying.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The whole country knows she's been shit, even the dimwitted Corbyn has realised, so the Guardian know they can't pretend otherwise, and this bullshit about bullying is simply trying to detract from the real issue - that Corbyn was happy for her to be Shadow Home Secretary.

The only other interview I remember of a lead politician being so out of their depth was Natalie Bennett. And that was one interview. Abbott manages it every interview. Incompetence on that level, from someone who could be our Home Secretary, needs to be addressed. It's not bullying.

Dunno. I didn't read it as them trying to detract from her being completely shit: the article clearly states examples of it after all, and makes efforts to not excuse her terrible performances. I took the point of the article to be about whether the response to her bollocks has been commensurate to the scale of her bollocks. In my eyes this isn't a detraction - it's just a side issue.

FWIW it's worth I agree with you. It's not bullying at all, and her performance this election is fully deserving of the scorn it's received.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

Indeed, prior to her resigning, only this morning I was talking about Dianne Abott. In respect of all of these television interviews, when I watch them I sort of regard them as job interviews. I watched live (purely by chance) Dermot Murnahan's interview with her a couple of days ago and on that basis you would not give DA a job in a fast food chain, let alone one of the great offices of state....so, so, so out of her depth.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If she's suddenly that unwell to be on indefinite leave, then can we presume we will be replaced as a candidate in the election for Hackney?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Lucky escape. Imagine La Abbott running the economy.

She has only got an outstanding County Court Judgement against her for £535 from December. Unbelievable that anyone could have thought these muppets could run the country. Wait until the papers get hold of this one it will run and run,

Oh sorry - hang on a sec. No its okay it's not DA its our PM, my mistake.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Lucky escape. Imagine La Abbott running the economy.

She has only got an outstanding County Court Judgement against her for £535 from December. Unbelievable that anyone could have thought these muppets could run the country. Wait until the papers get hold of this one it will run and run,

Oh sorry - hang on a sec. No its okay it's not DA its our PM, my mistake.

Definitely dodged a bullet there! Bet she wouldn’t want to build more food banks either! :moo:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Think DA would be great running some sort of social enterprise, but a govt minister is a step too far for her .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here